Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SORRY ABOUT THE LATE NOTICE. THERE IS GOING TO BE A CATFISHING TOURNEY ON THE MAPLE RIVER AND ITS TRIBS TOMORROW NIGHT. THE COST IS FIVE DOLLARS A TEAM, WINNERS RECEIVE A HAT AND PLAQUE. RIGHT NOW THERE IS ABOUT 75 TEAMS ENTERED. ITS A GREAT TIME, WITH AN OPPOTUNITY TO SEE SOME HUGE FLATHEADS AND CHANNELS. ANY QUESTIONS CALL 517-682-4693 THIS NUMBER WILL CONNECT YOU TO MAPLE RIVER SPORTSMAN SUPPLY, THEY HOST THE TOURNEY. E-MAIL ME IF YOU WANT THE SPECIFICS. THANK YOU!

------------------

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Well how did things go?
I would love to fish that area someday.
Maybe next year I'll make it . Do they have this tourney every year? Are there any maps of the river ? What size boat do you need ?
Thanks for any info

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THINGS WENT GREAT FOR MOST, EXCEPT ME. I HAD A GREAT SPOT NAILED DOWN WITH SOME HUGE CHANNELS, BUT FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER THEY WERENT THERE. I HAD BEEN FISHING THAT SPOT FOR THE LAST MONTH WITH GREAT SUCCESS. LOTS OF BIG FLATHEADS AND CHANNELS WERE WEIGHED IN. THE TOURNEY IS HELD EVERY YEAR AT THE SAME TIME. I WOULD SUGGEST A SMALL 12-14 FOOT FLAT BOTTOM OR SEMI-V. THE GOOD PART IS THE FACT THAT NEARLY ALL THE LAND FOR 15 MILES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE RIVER IS STATELAND, SO YOU REALLY DONT NEED A BOAT. ITS A GREAT TIME. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON THE RIVER OR ITS TRIBS LET ME KNOW, I FISH QUITE OFTEN.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.