Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone fishes Cass Lake in Oakland co? I bought the new issue of woods and water news at Gander Mnt. today and was reading the article about ice fishing hot spots and was considering going to Cass tues. Any info would help.

Thanks 1-CHANCE

·
Banned
283 Posts
1 chance
I have not fished Cass a lot but I have previously caught walleyes off Wards point 20 to 30 feet. I would also try the area west and south of the picnic ground. A lot of guys fish the Garnundegut bay. I don’t know how well they do.
If you go, post a report on how you did.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
My brother fished Cass Lake on Sunday. Between two guys they caught 60-70 gills and kept 25 between 8"-10". The few Crappie they had come thru had lock jaw. They fished from 9am-2pm.

I figured I'd pass along the info.

Good luck all!

G-MAN

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I decided to fish the bay instead but will keep the info for the time when I do get to Cass lake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a couple of buddies that live on Cass Lk. We fish it all summer and all winter. We have not had much success as far as getting any keepers. Caught lots of small Perch by the narrows of Grondecut Bay but nothing for the dinner plate. 5 tip ups out for 3 hours and no Pike. Some guys fish north of the Dodge Park boat launch up past the marina and catch some decent Crappies No luck on the Walleyes and haven't seen any iced. We do well near the Shore Club on Gills. Move around until you find fish.

tight lines

jbang

post a report after you make it out

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jbang,
Yes I'll post results if I make it down there. I went up to the bay and caught a lot of perch mostly small so I'm going to continue there until I don't have the luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts