Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody else use one? I know they sound like a hoax. . . but I was in need of a new watch last Fall and I thought what the heck. For those not familiar, it's basically a watch that (once programmed to your area) displays favorable deer movement times throughout the day based on the moon phase. ** No, unlike others have claimed, it doesn't tell you when you will actually see deer. It only displays favorable movement times. I used it last year and could not believe how accurate this thing was. I also kept track of the movement times and checked it against pictures on my trail cams which are time stamped. I was amazed at how accurately the deer showed up on camera compared to when the watch "claimed" deer would be moving. The moon phase indicator and sunrise/sunset mode was almost dead on every day.

Obviously, a little common sense should be used in conjunction with the watch but I'm sure a believer. They also have one for fishing but I don't fish so I can't speak on the accuracy of that watch.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Anybody else use one? ... The moon phase indicator and sunrise/sunset mode was almost dead on every day.
I've got one, haven't noticed a lot on time accuracy, quite often I saw deer no matter what, I'll be using it again this year and we'll see.

The moon/sunrise/sunset is accurate because that's a chronological thing that can be calculated.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Always wanted one, but could never decide if I wanted the fishing or hunting version. My problems would be solved if they would just combine the two.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got mine at Walmart for around $35-$40. I agree, the watch isn't near 100% accurate but it's an awful nice referenece that you can wear on your wrist.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I would think there shouldn't be a difference between good hunting and fishing times since they're both based off the same moon but who knows? In any case, I get out when I can although sometimes if the "stars" are lining up I try to amend when I "can" but I never stay in because the moon tells me to.

-G

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
I bought one last year just for giggles. I needed a new beater watch for hunting and the price was right, I thought it was cool that it tells sunrise and sunset, it has an alarm, and was non shiny. The lunar function predicting game activity I assumed was just a mildly entertaining gimick. Wearing it over the course of last season it was spooky how accurate it was. My son and I were constantly cracking up but the crazy thing worked. My belief is you hunt when you can so I didn't go or not go based on the activity periods of the watch but probably 80% of the deer I saw during bow, gun, and ML season last year were during those times. I didn't detail it enough to have any scientific validity but it was uncanny.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Always wanted one, but could never decide if I wanted the fishing or hunting version. My problems would be solved if they would just combine the two.
I have one and even if the movement times are not correct the silent alarm and other fearures like moon phase and sunrise/sunset times make it worth $40 if you are a hunter. The hunting and the fishing ones are the same internals just packaged differently.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought one last year just for giggles. I needed a new beater watch for hunting and the price was right, I thought it was cool that it tells sunrise and sunset, it has an alarm, and was non shiny. The lunar function predicting game activity I assumed was just a mildly entertaining gimick. Wearing it over the course of last season it was spooky how accurate it was. My son and I were constantly cracking up but the crazy thing worked. My belief is you hunt when you can so I didn't go or not go based on the activity periods of the watch but probably 80% of the deer I saw during bow, gun, and ML season last year were during those times. I didn't detail it enough to have any scientific validity but it was uncanny.
My thoughts exactly! The combination of features was the main reason I bought it. I certainly don't base my hunting on the predictions of it. . . but it is strangely accurate quite often.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts