Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a public boat launch in Caseville? Not really familiar with that area. I know Bay Port has one but can't find an answer for Caseville either way. Planning on targeting burbot from the boat before I put it away and everyone tells me Caseville is a good place for them. Thanks in advance for any replies

·
Registered
408 Posts
7.00 $ to launch.. Dock is still in as 3pm today. But IMO I would just fish the pier. Any night with light winds. Dress warm. River has been dirty but doesn't seem to affect burbot fishing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
x2, what fishbuster said
Last year caught the a lot of burbot from the pier when the river was stained.
Not sure when they arrive, but we started fishing for them second week of November last year and did well.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Light winds make it a tad more enjoyable but have caught burbot off pier with waves almost crashing over the pier many times over the years. Burbot fishing off pier is like clock work almost a guarantee just have to get there. Second week of November till ice up for last 35+yrs.

·
Registered
408 Posts
No doubt, the nastier the better. But I'm getting to old for surf over the pier.. But you are 100% correct Brian. Last year 3 young men had a mess of fish when they came off the pier, but there backs were covered in ice, head to toe :lol:.. Heck this year with the high water levels, the spots I used to fish are covered. My pier time & catch is down by at least 50% maybe more..but I'm mostly fishing walleyes.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I would fish the pier as well.Right now winds are west south west at least 15-20 mph with winds coming straight in from charity island toward shore! i will send a link to the webcam here in caseville so you can see conditions! here is the link http://greatlakescam.com/ go below webcams where it says all cameras click that block then click on caseville hope this helps!
Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts