Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rich, If they are fishing the breakwall must be ice in the harbor? How is the ice around Bay Port, Wildfowl Bay? Any fishable canals?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rich, If they are fishing the breakwall must be ice in the harbor? How is the ice around Bay Port, Wildfowl Bay? Any fishable canals?

Thanks!
i know they are fishing at geiger road rose island and mud creek not sure how much ice or water clarity last time i heard 3 days ago water was milky from recent winds

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
i know they are fishing at geiger road rose island and mud creek not sure how much ice or water clarity last time i heard 3 days ago water was milky from recent winds
Don't let that milky water steer you away from fishing. Did not fish one time thru ice last year in clear water. (Many, Many trips) Know a few that did find some clear water and didn't do very well or as good.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Respect is gone these days. Someone sets up next to you 5 feet away with acres and acres of ice and you mention something to them politely and they are ready to brawl or shoot ya. I don't care for the new world we live in I know that. This year I'm finding small lakes away from people so I don't have to deal with it. I would rather catch smaller fish and have a relaxing day then to deal with all the BS.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Respect is gone these days. Someone sets up next to you 5 feet away with acres and acres of ice and you mention something to them politely and they are ready to brawl or shoot ya. I don't care for the new world we live in I know that. This year I'm finding small lakes away from people so I don't have to deal with it. I would rather catch smaller fish and have a relaxing day then to deal with all the BS.
Paintball gun will probably be used this year for the inconsiderate ones!

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Some people just can't keep their mouth shut

Sent from my moto z4 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Isn't the fishery a resource for everyone. Fishing is the catching and sharing of your experience. Look at the Sag. Bay thread, there is nothing but pic's of catches and proud responses from the fishers. If you feel everything should be a secret maybe all fishing reports, radio and tv shows should be banned. Heck, the vast majority of fishing posts are about sharing their experience, reporting where and how to fish and what presentation is used. hhlhoward, you need to loosen up a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Isn't the fishery a resource for everyone. Fishing is the catching and sharing of your experience. Look at the Sag. Bay thread, there is nothing but pic's of catches and proud responses from the fishers. If you feel everything should be a secret maybe all fishing reports, radio and tv shows should be banned. Heck, the vast majority of fishing posts are about sharing their experience, reporting where and how to fish and what presentation is used. hhlhoward, you need to loosen up a bit.
Yes the fishery is for everyone but that's not my point. My point was every time a report comes out on Facebook then it brings out the non sportsman like crowd. No I don't need to loosen up a bit at all. If everyone came out and acted the way they should then there wouldn't be any problem at all. I share my experiences and teach people tricks of fishing all the time and even take people out that don't have anyone to take them out. Disrespect IS my point and the sportsman on here know that.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts