Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished roughly from 3 til 6 Near the mouth of the piegon river.

Was Cold, but not too bad. Worst thing was the snowmoblies that would fly by every 15 in or so about 5-10 feet from where we were fishing.:mad:

Lots of bites, but few fish. Most of the fish we caught were tiny walleye from 4-8 inches long. Also got a couple decent perch. You could see some real whoppers down the hole, but they just didn't want anything to do with your bait. Most fish came on hopkins spoons with minnows or teardrop/minnow.

Decent perch caught on hopkins.

One of many tiny eyes caught.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ice far as eye can see, 8 inches near end of wall. ABout a 10-12 inches were we were.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from what i have heard they have been Doing good for a week off mud creek. about 1.5-2 miles out.

It almost looks like you were fishing from a snomobile
I wish, then i wouldn't have to carry and or pull the shanty and or sled with me, just hook to snowmobile and away i go.;) :D

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, forgot to post that the walleye was caught on a jammin jig crappie kit lure. Look closely and you can see it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Jeremy, Keep that one for Shanty Days the weekend of Feb. 14th. I've havent seen ya in a couple of weeks but I'll be there for Shanty Days to watch those nuts jump into the river .
My house is just behind that Gray building to the Left of the fish you are holding up.
Save one big one for the Perch contest for me . See ya

1 - 9 of 9 Posts