Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Carp,Carp, Carp

1119 Views 16 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  perchguy
I am wondering if anyone ever heard of fishing for carp with ball of food made out of Wheaties and Faygo Grape pop?

I spoke to a guy who swears by it. I think it is a fish story, and I am looking for conformation.
I am wondering if anyone ever heard of fishing for carp with ball of food made out of Wheaties and Faygo Grape pop?

I spoke to a guy who swears by it. I think it is a fish story, and I am looking for conformation.
See more
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
I've never heard of it, but I'm sure they'd eat it!!!

Only time I've ever targeted carp was with a bow :evil:
I've never heard of it, but I'm sure they'd eat it!!!

Only time I've ever targeted carp was with a bow :evil:
See more
Yup , doughballs fer kaRp... I don't see why a bit 0' grape popz wouldn't get 'em to pony-up better........
R I G H T Alex?????
:corkysm55
Yup , doughballs fer kaRp... I don't see why a bit 0' grape popz wouldn't get 'em to pony-up better........
R I G H T Alex?????
:corkysm55
See more
Flavor it with anything sweet really. The frosted mini-wheets work pretty well!!!
Flavor it with anything sweet really. The frosted mini-wheets work pretty well!!!
See more
I've always had good luck with plain ole' kernal corn, but I've heard of a lot of other crazy concoctions people swear by. Corn Flakes that have been soaked in water the smashed onto the hook is also popular. Here's a link with a few other ideas for bait:

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22273&highlight="dough+balls"
I've always had good luck with plain ole' kernal corn, but I've heard of a lot of other crazy concoctions people swear by. Corn Flakes that have been soaked in water the smashed onto the hook is also popular. Here's a link with a few other ideas for bait:

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22273&highlight="dough+balls"
See more
I heard red faygo, we just use corn and do pretty good.
I heard red faygo, we just use corn and do pretty good.
See more
I'd stick to mini wheats, moistened with the water that's around you. I don't like to mess with a sticky soda on a hot day and it's too much to carry around.
I'd stick to mini wheats, moistened with the water that's around you. I don't like to mess with a sticky soda on a hot day and it's too much to carry around.
See more
So, me being me, I clicked on the picture of the lady in the bikini holding the carp... Imagine my surprise when I saw that the ladies were NAKED!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

You may want to put a warning on that bad boy letting them know that the site "may" not be safe for folks at work :lol:
Gone Fishing said:
Everything you'll ever want to know about Carp
So, me being me, I clicked on the picture of the lady in the bikini holding the carp... Imagine my surprise when I saw that the ladies were NAKED!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

You may want to put a warning on that bad boy letting them know that the site "may" not be safe for folks at work :lol:
Gone Fishing said:
Everything you'll ever want to know about Carp
See more
Me too.!!! Me thinks this link won't be here long.:SHOCKED:
Chousse said:

Me too.!!! Me thinks this link won't be here long.:SHOCKED:
Chousse said:

See more
lol thanks i just learned more about carp lmfao hahaha :yikes:
Chousse said:

lol thanks i just learned more about carp lmfao hahaha :yikes:
Chousse said:

See more
ahhh, for once I didn't miss something good, before it disappeared!!! Very nice carp indeed:lol:
Chousse said:

ahhh, for once I didn't miss something good, before it disappeared!!! Very nice carp indeed:lol:
Chousse said:

See more
I apologize, link has been removed. I was at work and I'm surprized it even loaded with our firewall. :hide:
I apologize, link has been removed. I was at work and I'm surprized it even loaded with our firewall. :hide:
See more
No need to be sorry. I quite enjoyed it! :chillin:
Gone Fishing said:
No need to be sorry. I quite enjoyed it! :chillin:
Gone Fishing said:
See more
A lot of popular doughball recipes will call for something strawberry and sweet flavored to be added. So, why not grape?
sfw1960 said:
R I G H T Alex???
A lot of popular doughball recipes will call for something strawberry and sweet flavored to be added. So, why not grape?
sfw1960 said:
R I G H T Alex???
See more
There actually was nothing wrong with the link itself. Some useful information and a bunch of photos of people holding fish. Nothing wrong with that. A link found within that website might have contained some nudity but that was not the link supplied.

Oh, well, there was some useful information available even if the web site was directed at European Carp anglers.
Gone Fishing said:
See less
There actually was nothing wrong with the link itself. Some useful information and a bunch of photos of people holding fish. Nothing wrong with that. A link found within that website might have contained some nudity but that was not the link supplied.

Oh, well, there was some useful information available even if the web site was directed at European Carp anglers.
Gone Fishing said:
I apologize, link has been removed. I was at work and I'm surprized it even loaded with our firewall...
See more
Dang it I missed it, Hey John would you send me that link ;) just kidding.. Cya Slick
Dang it I missed it, Hey John would you send me that link ;) just kidding.. Cya Slick
See more
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.