Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with my carolina rigs that I have not had before. The jig is not staying up right in the water is almost doing a barrel role which is causing the line to twist up and eventually break very easily. If someone here has had this issue before how do I fix it so it stays upright?

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Are you leaving too much slack or not enough slack in the plastic when you bury the hook back in it? Honestly, I don't know a lot about carolina rigs, I've only used them a couple times before, but I noticed that when I insert the hook back into the plastic if it is too far back it makes the bait twist..

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have never heard of anyone using a "jig" on a carolina rig. Normally a carolina rig consists of a bullet or egg sinker, a barrel swivel, a length of leader and a weightless hook with a bait attached. The bait is usually a rubber worm or grub of some sort, a live minnow, leach or night crawler. The barrel swivel normally does away with most line twist.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
ALLEYES said:
I have never heard of anyone using a "jig" on a carolina rig. Normally a carolina rig consists of a bullet or egg sinker, a barrel swivel, a length of leader and a weightless hook with a bait attached. The bait is usually a rubber worm or grub of some sort, a live minnow, leach or night crawler. The barrel swivel normally does away with most line twist.
:yeahthat:

if you bait is spinning, the hook is not aligned perfectly down the center or the bait is kinked from having the hook in wrong.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Guys that fish the maumee use a floating jig head behind there sinker. Im guessing that is what he is talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts