Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to Captain Cove today on my half day. There were about 10 guys when I got there fishing on the ice, so I said the heck with it and ventured out. Ice was 2-2 1/2" Didnt crack when you walked on it, and I had my spud with me. There were some big guys on the ice, so I wasn't to conserned. I started fishing at 12, and got off the ice at 3 30. I caught a limit of small ones, and threw back about 30 others. One other guy caught a limit. fishing was fairly steady, with the bite on waxxies. A fun day, I hope to be back out there this weekend,:)

Stay Safe,
Brian

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Great Job brian, I poped my head in there today too. Your right there was a few big guys out there........:lol:

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Good job there brian!! Looks like a nice mess of gills!! With all this action going on...hate to go up-north......OK, no I don't....just hope I get a few up there!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I packed light, I didnt even wear my lacrosse ice mans. I wore my light boots. I waned to go as light as possible because of the ice. With me I had 2 rods, only one of witch I used, a bucket,spud, ice scoop and bait. I cant wait til' thick ice to try out all my gear though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were alright size, no I didnt measure any though. bout the size of your hand, some smaller.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
is it just me or the fish the only ones that don't look too happy its ice time.
nice job.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Nice job on the :fish: Brain !!! Tubejig and I tried it early in the morn. Are other honey hole should be hot by friday,don't over look it.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Great job on the fish dude. I know you were excited, that had to feel good today eh?:) It's only gonna get better!:chillin:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Usually a mix of 60% pumpkinseed sunfish and40% gills in there for 1st ice, but not one sunnie in that pic...Nice catch...

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Nice Gills, I cant wait till this weekend....Any reports on the jalopies yet???

Mushy

·
Registered
377 Posts
Quick question, where can you park to fish the cove? Might give it a try today after work before this predicted storm.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
There is a little lot on the right side of the store It only holds 5 or 6 cars. you can also park down by the Dnr ramps. Its kinda a long walk though.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want to get out again today, but with this snowstorm coming my dad said I had to put the snowblower on the tractor!:rant: :bash: Actually he told me like a week ago:lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts