Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pretty good deal on ganders mountain canvas waiders today. Was thinking of picking them up. Anyone else use these? How do they hold up and do you like them? Good winter pair of waiders?

·
Registered
240 Posts
i have the gander guide series canvas waders. they are warm however they are very heavy and there is a little too much butt room.

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Yup stelmon i have a pair also. I won't wear them since i have bought breathables. Heavy, and difficult to get around in.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have worn a pair of GM guide series canvas waders for a few years. They are very durable, and warm, but heavy and not very flexible. i always had trouble fully bending my knees or bending over at the waist as the material is so rigid, and not stretchy, ive had trouble climbing the bank a few times beacause of them and forget them if you have to do any hiking to your fishing hole. if you like breathable you will hate canvas. I got a nice pair of breathable waders from cabelas for christmas and probably wont wear the canvas again unless i rip my new ones.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
IMO, save up some money and hit the local fly shops in the area and buy a pair of "good" beathables. Or a pair of neopreme waders. Simms has a pair of breathable waders for around $100 plus some change. Seen these while at Franks couple days ago. Nice, light, and have heared nothing but good things about them. With you fishing alot, I would get a good pair, something that won't get leaks in them within a year. I am having problems with Hodgemans (2 waders shot withing 2 or 3yrs time :mad: )so I am gonna try a different breathable wader and boots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts