Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
While there were initially some questions raised about the circumstances surrounding the harvest of this buck, didn't an Indiana Game Warden post on Indiana Sportsman recently that it was legally taken?

It sure is a heck of a deer! I hope it beats the Hanson Buck, too! :lol:

I think this is a picture of the Buck in question.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I hope it does beat the Hanson buck, but unfortunately the scoring system will take away points for the awesome split brow and kicker of the G2 on the left side. Personally I think only the GROSS score should counts - why the HE** deduct a deer like this one because it has a few character points. The reason the Hanson buck will always be hard to beat is due tot he perfect symmetry. The only chance that buck would have is to saw off the kicker points so it won;\'t hurt the score of the rack. The scoring system needs to be revised in my opinion !! I will take a buck with spilt brows, kicker or drop tines any day of the week. I shot a buck with my bow that was a real big 8 point but had a split brow and 2 kicker points, I ended up with 18" of deductions because of the kickers. It NET scored 121", just a few more than a MUCh smaller 8 point I shot with my bow the year before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts