Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has found a cannon ball holder for round balls weighing 12+ lbs. I just received my Bert's Tackle holders and as usual with holders...the 12+ lbs don't fit. Any help?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Can't you just hook them on the hook of your Cannons?

Another suggestion, go to a party store and get one of those plastic holders that they use for holding/transporting 2-litter pops.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I recommend NOT hooking them on your hooks on the cannons. I used to do this with mine but the weight and movement will eventually break them. I now just either take them right off or pull them into the boat and rest them on the floor for short runs.

Sorry mrymar if that sounded rude. Its not ment to.;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
My cannons also didnt fair to well with the weight on the hooks. Good ideas with the 2 litre holders, thats my new plan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get a pc of PVC pipe the dia. you are looking for from a plummer / construction contact . Cut into 2" "rings then silicone to your rigger bar .

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did think about the 2 liter pop holder idea, but never thought about the 2" PVC. As for the Cannon hooks, you are all right...I've snapped off two in the past.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would have to measure the PVC I used but in the 4" range . The weight sits inside the ring and actually touches the bar . Put a bead of silicone around the ring and they have been solid for 3 years . I even leave the weights in them if pulling from the ramp to a motel etc that is close .
Also good idea to drill a drain slot on bottom edge .

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Same with me on my mag10's. I take them off when I tow and at the end of the weekend, but run with them hooked up all weekend. Never problems here either...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I remember right, one of my losses was because the ring on the ball pulled out. I just switched to the MAG-20's & 15's, I might try hanging them making sure that the ring is tight on the rigger.

By the way Jason (Rawhide), I bet you could leave them sitting on gunnel and still be OK with your ride:p ......

·
Registered
126 Posts
You guys talk about hanging balls off the hooks I have trouble just trolling with the swivel bases. The cannon swivel bases tend to crack from the weight and sway of 4/5 footrers.The only good thing they replace them no questions at all .Just send in the pieces you have left and keep your boat insurance paid up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts