Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
I'm not sure if you can order them on-line now but if you're not in a hurry, call 1 800 667-1940. You can charge it to a credit card and usually have it in 7 to 10 days. :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick responce Gone Fishing! I'm in no big hurry, just need it by the time the ice melts on erie. Can't fish brest bay till june so I guess I will be on the canadian side till then. Plus this year I plan to go after the musky off the bell river.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Another option if your down that way is Lakeside Bait & Tackle in Saint Clair Shores, you go in pay for it and fill out the form and the following Thursday after 3pm its at the store waiting for you. Not a bad deal if your around that area at all.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Gone Fishing,

What is the cost for a Canadian license? Is it good for all waters, e.g. Erie, Det River and LSC? I want to fish Canadian water this year also.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Kroppe

Its good in all Ontario waters so LSC, Erie, & Detroit River are covered. The stamp says $61 (CDN $) and Lakeside charged us $55 (US $).

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Tony, I'm not sure what the exchange rate is right now but Lakeside definitely makes a few bucks for their trouble which is certainly justified. If you call the number above and use a credit card, you will get the current exchange rate and save a few bucks although it may take a little more time. Just a comment. :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be calling the number today. I figure I will be on the detroit river in about 2 weaks so it should be good timing. It's nice to be talking about open water fishing again. I want to be ready this year.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thanks for the number John, I jumped the gun and already picked up my 2004 licsense. Now that I know the number I'll be getting via the mail. Can never go wrong with saving money and 7-10 days isn't bad, planning can avoid any potential hassles.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The absolutely cheapest route is to go through the MNR in Chatham, Ontario. You mail/ fax them an application, along with credit card information, and they mail you your license within a week or two. The 800 number tacks on a service charge.

Ministry of Natural Resources
PO Box 1168, 870 Richmons St. West
Chatham, Ontario N7M 5L8
519-354-7340

You can get a .pdf version of the application here:

http://www.bigwaterbass.com/can_lic_form.pdf

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I just called and the lady told me that they are behind :rolleyes: and that it would take 4-6 weaks!:eek: I dont think I want to wate that long. Maby I will just take a ride over there saturday or sunday. There must be a bate shop along the river somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
That really stinks but thanks for the update. If you cross the bridge in Detroit, Wallys is not far from there. I'd call before you head over to make sure. (519) 256-2841

·
Registered
274 Posts
When ever I will be taking someone out on the river that needs a license I send them to Lakeside before wed. and they will go and get them and have it back by Thur. at noon. If you don't live to far that is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Wally's in Windsor has them(lakeside goes there), dont buy the conservation lic.... not 100% sure but I dont think your allowed to fish musky with a con. lic,, definitely not able to keep any that is for sure!
disclaimer(I know you musky guys): all musky Ive caught have been released, but when I get that 54" its going on the wall!

and dont even believe the 4-6 weeks stuff, ive waited up too 11 months for my 3 year outdoors card going the phone route!!!

now if your out first trip fishing the river by the sturgeon hole,, theres a tiny little bait shop just west of the big marina and main launch for the cdn. side,, I do believe they sell lic.s!;)

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
Originally posted by Ontario Gunner
now if your out first trip fishing the river by the sturgeon hole,, theres a tiny little bait shop just west of the big marina and main launch for the cdn. side,, I do believe they sell lic.s!;)
I belive it's called Edgewater bait and they usually have good shiners too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts