Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The musky rules state 1 fish/day for a sportsman license (min 44") and zero fish/day with a conservation license. Is it ok to still fish for musky with a conservation license?

Have no intention of keeping any and just want to make sure. It's probably a little harder to argue you are targetting other species with musky tackle.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have been wondering that for a long time. I thought about saying I was fishing for BIIG walleye - you know big bait big fish. I am afraid there may more to it if called on the carpet. For insatnce 'you have beer on board without a pumpout head' or whatever infraction I am not sure of while in their waters. Not to mention bass fishing out near Wapole island. That is another discussion in itself. Hate paying the full toll in a foreign country to fish essentially the same body of water. Hope we can get a definitve answer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
JLP said:
The musky rules state 1 fish/day for a sportsman license (min 44") and zero fish/day with a conservation license. Is it ok to still fish for musky with a conservation license?

Have no intention of keeping any and just want to make sure. It's probably a little harder to argue you are targetting other species with musky tackle.
Thats the creel limit on the consevation license.You can't keep any,but you're
legal to fish for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts