Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from a buddy, said it's gonna be open June 21st ??....might be fake news but he's usually pretty reliable ? lol....!!??....

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
fakest news of it all my friend, no dates have been officially presented. Todays news was saying they will lessen the restrictions for Canadians returning from abroad but no indication of an actual "open for all" date. Amd judging by the banter, its going to be open to those who are fully vaccinated with proof. Absurd but likely to happen.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If it is, I was wondering if anyone knows how the entrance to Lost Lake looks. I haven’t been there in 20 years and I remember our boat barely fitting back then.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fakest news of it all my friend, no dates have been officially presented. Todays news was saying they will lessen the restrictions for Canadians returning from abroad but no indication of an actual "open for all" date. Amd judging by the banter, its going to be open to those who are fully vaccinated with proof. Absurd but likely to happen.
Well we're fully vaccinated & I have proof....don't know "right from wrong" anymore, but if I can fish your water, like I did from age 5, I'll be there...., there's a quote from Winston Churchill about the Canadian/US boarder that's pretty damn good from YEARS ago....I know right, lol....& I'm not looking it up now....

Any "hope" is good news, imo !....but Ont. better prorate the license fee's, lol !!....Nov. Musky ?, !!!!....YEAH....been a tough couple years, very tough....cheers....

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Click bait again! You mid river guys in cahoots on some inside joke?
Ya I know, my buddy is an older retired gent with health problems & a news "junkie" !!...he was as an avid outdoorsman as you will ever find !....but talks too much, lol....no clicking here, just hoping !....when nonsense rule's the day, who wins ?!....cheers....

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Does that mean most canadiens want the border closed?
It means the big Turd is only looking out for himself. What most Canadians want is a new leader and to get back to normal just like everyone else in the entire world. Everyone I know wants the border open. Dont turn it into an us vs them debate. We all have more in common then the small differences between us.

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
Well we're fully vaccinated & I have proof....don't know "right from wrong" anymore, but if I can fish your water, like I did from age 5, I'll be there...., there's a quote from Winston Churchill about the Canadian/US boarder that's pretty damn good from YEARS ago....I know right, lol....& I'm not looking it up now....

Any "hope" is good news, imo !....but Ont. better prorate the license fee's, lol !!....Nov. Musky ?, !!!!....YEAH....been a tough couple years, very tough....cheers....
This it?
“In 1939 Winston Churchill, describing the 5000-mile peaceful border dividing Canada and the United States, said, ‘That long frontier from the Atlantic to the Pacific Oceans, guarded only by neighborly respect and honorable obligations, is an example to every country and a pattern for the future of the world.”

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
If it is, I was wondering if anyone knows how the entrance to Lost Lake looks. I haven’t been there in 20 years and I remember our boat barely fitting back then.
Good question. It's the big rock around 200 yards North of that spot that I'd worry about. It probably still has a big piece of my dad's I/O lower unit. When I called him at the Mill to tell him about my mishap he said "Don't worry son I'm just glad your ok" LOL. That was until he came home and saw it in person.o_O

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good question. It's the big rock around 200 yards North of that spot that I'd worry about. It probably still has a big piece of my dad's I/O lower unit. When I called him at the Mill to tell him about my mishap he said "Don't worry son I'm just glad your ok" LOL. That was until he came home and saw in in person.
Haha my old man used to work at the mill too. In fact that’s where he worked last time I was at Lost Lake. Sounds like slow and steady back in there! Maybe I’ll try trolling motor only…if I can ever get back there again. Lol

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yesterday I talked to someone who lives in Essex County Ontario, she said that this Friday you can finally have outdoor dining at restaurants. They are still carry out only. Just to give you an idea of how behind the USA they are in recovery

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Yesterday I talked to someone who lives in Essex County Ontario, she said that this Friday you can finally have outdoor dining at restaurants. They are still carry out only. Just to give you an idea of how behind the USA they are in recovery
Maybe in a month or two you will be allowed to walk around inside your house without a mask on. :) The "leaders" on both sides of the river are a bunch of worthless hypocrites, IMO. They need to just open everything up at this point. Enough already.....

·
Registered
855 Posts
I would change that up to a more accurate descriptor such as fear mongering rather than recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts