Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, looking to try muskie fishing in Canada tomorrow morning for a few hours. Looking to get some info on where to start. I know the south shore but not sure if the fish are farther east by the Thames river at this time of year or if Stoney point and belle river is a better option as the water is warming up. If anyone has any info on location/ depth that would help us out a lot as we only have a few hours of fishing. I will post a report on how we do or PM you as well.

Thanks in advanced!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hi guys, looking to try muskie fishing in Canada tomorrow morning for a few hours. Looking to get some info on where to start. I know the south shore but not sure if the fish are farther east by the Thames river at this time of year or if Stoney point and belle river is a better option as the water is warming up. If anyone has any info on location/ depth that would help us out a lot as we only have a few hours of fishing. I will post a report on how we do or PM you as well.

Thanks in advanced!!
Thames river area is a tough fish right now. Was over there yesterday. lots of floating weeds. I woud fish the hump or deep off of stony

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thames river area is a tough fish right now. Was over there yesterday. lots of floating weeds. I woud fish the hump or deep off of stony
Thanks for the info downrod. I will try west of there and see how it goes. Going to be calm and sunny. Not expecting to much

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fished the belle river area from 7am-12. Went 2/3. Seen lots of fish on the surface and jumping but not much action. Tried about every lure in the box and many different weight and line out combos. Had 10 clean rods out all morning. Hopefully next time they will be more active.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts