Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the posts from guys looking for a Canadian fishing trips.
I am thinking of doing a drive-in fishing/ camping trip. Most of the lakes up there offer camp sites.
Anyone interested in a MS Canadian fish/camp trip? From what I have seen camp sites are only about $20/day and for those who don't have (or want to bring) a boat, many lakes offer boat rentals.
Im thinking of possibly a Thursday-Sunday or Monday trip.Looking at approx 150 miles out of the Sault. Maybe late June or Mid July? Many lakes to choose from.
Anyone have suggestions on lakes with camp sites w/ decent fishing?

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
duckman#1 said:
I've seen the posts from guys looking for a Canadian fishing trips.
I am thinking of doing a drive-in fishing/ camping trip. Most of the lakes up there offer camp sites.
Anyone interested in a MS Canadian fish/camp trip? From what I have seen camp sites are only about $20/day and for those who don't have (or want to bring) a boat, many lakes offer boat rentals.
Im thinking of possibly a Thursday-Sunday or Monday trip.Looking at approx 150 miles out of the Sault. Maybe late June or Mid July? Many lakes to choose from.
Anyone have suggestions on lakes with camp sites w/ decent fishing?
If Pike and eyes are on the agenda... I might be interested!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pike & eyes would be the main target. I realize the "trophy" lakes are fly-ins but just looking for a extened weekend trip to camp on the lake shore and hopefully catch a bunch of eyes (eaters) for the campfire meals. Just to get away and try some candian fishing without spending alot. Right now I just can't take too much time off at once.
I have read some of the road accesible lakes have lakers and whitefish too.

Bugs? Yeah I would expect it up there:yikes: If I can find a nice lake to go to then, maybe I'd do a sept trip too.Looking at maybe Chapelau or wawa areas?

Thought maybe some other groups might want to have a meet/greet up there?

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Some of those "trophy" lakes simply require a 4X4 truck and a 12' boat w/ a 2.5=3hp or canoe, if you know where to go and don't mind getting a little dirty in the process. Otthers require an additional 4X4 quad to pull the boat in the rest of the way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
August is not a bad time to consider. The bugs and weather are pretty good during the day. Night time is a different story though. There are a lot of goods lakes accessible off logging roads by way of a short portage. I went last year and found some lakes where we did nothing but catch 30" pike all day until we got bored! So I think I would be up for another trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts