Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual says to clean with "lightweight gun oil containing no solvents". Can someone recommend me a good cleaning oil for this type of gun? I have heard bad things about the camo peeling off and yellowing if not done correctly. I'd like to prevent that as much as possible. I mean its a duck gun so I know it'll get beat up but I'd like to do what I can to prevent it if I can.

I have always used rem oil on my other guns (wood stocks, no camo, no duratouch) and it works just fine. I cant see on the bottle if it contains solvents or not. Just picked up the sx3 on Friday and patterned it yesterday. I'd like to get it cleaned up before duck hunting next week. Its a slick gun. Very happy with the purchase so far. Shoots great and looks really nice in the MO shadow grass.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I wasn't clear. I don't mean to wipe down the camo surfaces with oil. I am talking about the cleaning solutions and oils you use to clean and lubricate the action, barrel, and trigger mech. I am afraid I will get it on the camo while cleaning those parts so I would like to find one that is recommended but the manual isn't clear. Hence my posting here.

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
Maybe I wasn't clear. I don't mean to wipe down the camo surfaces with oil. I am talking about the cleaning solutions and oils you use to clean and lubricate the action, barrel, and trigger mech. I am afraid I will get it on the camo while cleaning those parts so I would like to find one that is recommended but the manual isn't clear. Hence my posting here.
It's a duck gun. Miserable conditions to be expected. TW25 for grease, Quantum Hot Sauce for oil.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Militec....dry synthetic oil, dosent attract dust or dirt and impregnates into the metal. Dosent screw with the camo either or leave the gun feeling oily. Had ejecting issues, with several different brands of ammo until I switched, never had an issue since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts