Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,675 Posts
He should have used a bigger gun. I know from expirence that a coon is a tough animal and you would need to unload your clip when using a .22. Even the babies take more than one shot.:lol:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AR, shovel, propane torch--that would make a helluva video.:dizzy:

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Might I suggest that at that close range especially if using FMJ it just poked a little hole on its way through. Probably at that angle also he went through thick hindquarters then out back without hitting anything. Just my thoughts. :idea:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I dont really get this whole situation, to the op what cant you believe? though he clearly is not a hunter guess thats why is is in a gun owner forum not hunting forum...

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont really get this whole situation, to the op what cant you believe? though he clearly is not a hunter guess thats why is is in a gun owner forum not hunting forum...

Look again.:lol:

It is in the HUNTING EDUCATION forum:yikes::dizzy:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Look again.:lol:

It is in the HUNTING EDUCATION forum:yikes::dizzy:
Ok i read it again seems like some foolish kid that knows nothing about hunting or firearm safety...

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
182 Posts
"does loud sounds like a gunfire make them dizzy?"

DOH!

tom

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
All I can say is wow.I have taken many with cb's and only had to shoot once.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
.22 short dead center between the looker's and ears
works every time

Or a double lunger
It's a little less messy but takes longer

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
.22 short dead center between the looker's and ears
works every time

Or a double lunger
It's a little less messy but takes longer
You want fast and messy feed them the barrel.

I had to do that one time with a coon in the garage. I was poking him and he bit the barrel and really got a bang out of it. The wife was in the house and never heard a thing.

While he made a bit of a mess, he did come out of where he had been out in the eave.

·
Premium Member
30,996 Posts
Some of the comments are just about as bad. Where do these guys come from?:dizzy: Scary really.
The OP in that thread is a Ron Paul supporter. :lol:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That was a pretty entertaining thread to wake up with. I spit coffee on the PC when the guy made the "gravity" comment. Part of me thinks the OP was just trying to get a rise out of some guys but the other part of me thinks theres plenty of people that could pull off that type of stunt.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just cuz guys got guns, it doesn't mean they know anything about effectively dispatching much of anything.

That thread is just further evidence for those that say some guys with guns AND propane torches really have a screw loose.

After reading that thread, can you argue with them?

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
The more people grow up in cities, the more of these types are produced. I took a friend hunting that grew up in town. After hearing rapid fire, I found him scared to death, sitting by a dead woodchuck. He frantically told me about the cub bear that charged him.:lol::lol::lol: I never hunted with him again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts