Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one identiy this duck :lol:. I have never seen this before. Me and my daughter where starting pick up the decoys when she yelled out duck swiming towards us. When i turned around looked i couldnt believe what i seeing. A deer was swiming across the lake towards us. So we sat back in the boat and watched this little 6 point go swiming by us.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've seen it before. Actually I almost hit him in my boat, but I turned just in time. With the current by the time they cross they will be 7 miles down river. I don't know how they know where they are going. The one I saw only had one antler..sure hope no one else hit him.

·
Registered
457 Posts
ive seen deer wading the flooded feilds at shiawasse before. also had a herd of them swimming across one of the channels before and had to stop completely to let them by. i wonder if it would be legal to have a few slugs with you while duck hunting as long as you have a shiawasse permit??? i very very highly doubt it tho.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Deer aren't afraid of getting wet, but usually this time of year if they're in the drink they're getting pushed out from somewhere.

Whenever I've shot deer in close proximity to a river or significant body of water, they've always made a bee line for it. Fortunately, only on one notable occasion did the deer make it that far (pain in the butt!)

My dad shot a buck one time that ran out on an ice-covered lake and broke through. Just it's head sticking out when it died. Yeah, that one was a significant challenge to haul in. But he did it.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
My dad and I saw a buck swimming in L. Michigan while we were out salmon fishing,, appoximately 12 miles (according to the Loran-C) straight outta Ludington......:yikes:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
What brand of decoys are you using?

I've seen deer about a mile out in Lake Huron near Lakeport State Park.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have seen them swim across Lake Hamlin before down in the southern end where it is pretty wide. One little buck swam across ran around for a half hour or so and then swam back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts