Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,302 Posts
I would be more concerned if the decomposition could create some corrosive sludge (I don't know if this truly happens). Might want to rinse with fresh water at home.

·
Registered
431 Posts
That's a great question. I know two weeks ago I did not want to rinse my hand in the water. There were some kids tubing off the beach at ssp as well that day. I would not get in that water.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys for the advice.....I have owned a boat pretty much all my life but am new to fishing the big water. Never dealt with a algae problem. Was not sure about it causing damage. Going out Sun so I will watch it closely and flush the motor when I get home.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The last time out I had to keep my rpm's above 1000 to keep the motor from over heating while trolling. So I would say that yes it is possible. Just keep an eye on your temp gauge if you have one.

·
Super Moderator
37,302 Posts
Wow, changing viscosity that much just shows how thick that crap really is! Its strange the fish even stay in it at all. Heck, for trolling the resistance on your lines would be much higher and your lures probably wouldn't go down as far.

I wonder if the stuff could start "cooking" to the inside of the water jacket where it contacts the hot surfaces. That could definitely hurt the heat exchange, too.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I'll say one thing, if you let it dry on the side of your rig it is like trying to remove concrete to get it off. I would think the same would apply if it was left over in your intake/cooling system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts