Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have 1 300 set up, 1 full core and 2 shorter cores, so i was just gonna get the walleye boards for now, or shold i just get the 44s? ive heard soe horror stories about them so i want sure.

tell me what to do

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have two 44's, one works awesome, the other dives whenver a fish of any size hits it. Have lost all but one fish that has been on it. Haven't personally tries the Walleye boards yet, but am thinking about switching to them if I can't get this other board figured out!:rant:

·
Registered
895 Posts
With a spoon...push weight up to 2 and you will be fine. Run a flasher, you need the 44. If you dont, that walleye board will be dragging almost straight behind the boat. I fished with a guy who had no idea that his boards were supposed to track off to the side of the boat, not directly behind his divers. Clown never figured out why his divers came up into his coppers all the time. You need your boards as far off to the side of the boat as possible to avoid issues with far out divers and wild fish..

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
go big or go home, just put together the 44s! if they dive and suck then they will be for sale monday.:lol:

thanks guys, see ya in manistee this week

tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts