Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
The males of most species have a fairly strong breeding desire. Preparation, engaging the females and execution are a learned behavior. Some males never learn those critical skills and are excluded from the breeding population.

Scientific study hasn't been able to understand the female response to the breeding instinct.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Yes they can and I have the picture to prove it!

I think this little cock dog would even take on a horse in heat. He may have to start on the ankle and work his way up but he'll get the deal done!

So for you guys that just have to have a different type dog bring them on and he'll make some Fiesty/? !

·
Registered
495 Posts
FieldWalker said:
Sure beats being "attacked"

More specifically- can a female be taught?

Not sure if you mean a human female or a dog:lol: but either way I say good luck. I have found that most females either are good for breeding or they are not... not much one can do to change their minds.

Male dogs can be taught when its ok to mount and when its not (I'm not saying you can leave them alone with a standing bitch and think they won't just because you have not said to). Alot of stud owners only allowing breeding in one room so the male knows thats his place and thats where its ok. This is done to try and avoid a shy stud dog...one whos been told NO over and over for trying before then when its ok to refuses.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
redvdog said:
one whos been told NO over and over for trying before then when its ok to refuses.

kind of reminds me of my high school years!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
lol CAN THEY TRAINED NOT TO IS A BETTER QUESTION.
Grouseman2 said:
to breed on command? :yikes:

:lol:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
seriously if the female is in heat, and the timing is right she will breed, if not no command will work. some are reluctant the first time or two. they really don't know what is going on. you may have to hold her while he mounts. but you better know for a fact timing is right. if not don't blame the dog if you get bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts