Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
If it’s too windy that it won’t hold secure in the slush from cutting the hole you can drill a hole in it and secure it with a ice anchor

·
Registered
188 Posts
Home made jaw jackers are extremely popular here in MT on the bodies of water where you can have 6 lines. I’ve fished near some folks with them and they seem to do as well as a regular brand jawjacker. From what I’ve heard from those that have them, the key with the home made ones is dialing in the trigger mechanism just right.

The down side with the home mades that I see would be they are rather bulky and don’t break down as good as the brand names. Would like to try to find a way to make them but make them collapsible.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
There is a book that hasa lot of different things tomake for fishing. I was a 4H ;eder and I did woodshop. There was one in this book they wanted tomake using a mouse trap. It was just a board and on th eone end a pole holder mousse trap on th eother end. You set the pole in the holder and wroa the line over the trip on the mouse trap with th line laying over the part that kills mice. When they were all done I had them come to my place on Sat and they tried them out on the pond. I am thinking these are not going to work. Dam did they work kids had a blast

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,339 Posts
I've made one that uses a two foot hunk of 1-1/2” PVC but the other parts I fabbed with a 3D printer.
I'm sure I'll modify what I downloaded as I didn't design the parts - and already am considering changes.
I wouldn't add weight, rather just pop a hole and use an anchor...
I love jigging, but there's nothing wrong with a good dead stick!

·
Super Moderator
16,339 Posts
Good question.
I'd say with a trigger mechanism, more than likely.
It's a little late or I'd text one of our DNR friends.
With a sharpie it's probably easier just to put your name on it than risk any trouble.
Though I must admit I have NEVER had any issue with ANY officer. ALL have been more than fair, friendly and generally helpful and in well over 30 years of hunting and fishing - I've never gotten any "hassle" as I've seen posted here.

Has the latest rules been posted online yet?

I'll try to get clarification!

·
Super Moderator
16,339 Posts
Hey Ian,
Long time... good idea to redesign and see what cooks up.
Hope all is well!

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
View attachment 634577 If you’re going to make one you should put a bent coat hanger on the front for automatic hookset. Works good as a rod holder can serve two purposes
Nice Job! I was just looking at my hunk-o-wood version and this is way better. Going out tomorrow so now it looks like I gotta go to the hardware store! I have yet to catch anything on mine. You guys have any tips for me?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Good question.
I'd say with a trigger mechanism, more than likely.
It's a little late or I'd text one of our DNR friends.
With a sharpie it's probably easier just to put your name on it than risk any trouble.
Though I must admit I have NEVER had any issue with ANY officer. ALL have been more than fair, friendly and generally helpful and in well over 30 years of hunting and fishing - I've never gotten any "hassle" as I've seen posted here.

Has the latest rules been posted online yet

I'll try to get clarification!
Thank you I would like to know from a reliable source. You are right though simple to sharpie a DL # on it to be sure

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I just yesterday spent the dollar to buy the sports card. This number is valid for life unless you have a change in address. Sure beats have your DL number all over the place.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just sharpie my name on them and the duct tape flag on my rod. I blurred it out with my exceptional photoshop skills:coolgleam
I drilled holes in the end caps and put an elastic band through so I can pull the arms outage not lose them. Put an elastic hair tie on the shaft keeps the arms moving around. There about the size of a tip up folded up

1 - 20 of 29 Posts