Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to find out what a good camera is for fishing. I do not troll much in the summer and will not use it for that, but am looking for inexpensive that I can use ice fishing and maybe to hang over the boat in the summer months. I use a Vexilar already, but wanted that added help and also I think it would get my 10 year old daughter out on the ice more with me if she had something to amuse her when the fish were not biting or when she was just bored with fishing. Remember, she takes the fish off my hooks and then deposits them back in her fishing hole when we do go out. :p

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'm currently looking at the Aqua Vu ice pro. 269 bucks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is a topic I am also interested in. There appear to be two types of cameras available. Those with the camera horizontal to the bottom, and those vertical to the bottom. I have used the Atlantis brand, with the horizontal mounted camera and liked it very much. as long as you could find your jig, and the water was relatively clear, it was great. Has anyone used the vertically mounted camera, and what were the advantages/disadvantages.

Mark

·
Registered
220 Posts
i also use the aqua view. i was very suprised as to the action that you can miss under the hardwater. the camera helps even without fish down there. you can see structure and bottom conditions that may or maynot be where you want to fish. it is also entertaining to watch a school of fish surround your bait.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tomorrow morning, Pilgrims Village. I decided on this one due to price and everything else I guess. This is the one I could justify the cost of.

Ice Pro System

New for 2003, the Aqua-Vu Ice Pro System is designed for shelter-fishing ice anglers looking for a larger viewing screen. An easily-seen 7-inch monitor and a fish-shaped down-viewing camera distinguish this underwater viewing package. The bigger monitor allows multiple people to watch the action at the same time.
As always, thanks for your help everyone.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey guys,

I posted a couple pictures and a brief discription of a home made cam I made for about $100.00 ...I have to tell you it works great during to summer I used the heck out it . I have only had on the ice once this year ...but still worked great . I'll try and find the orignal post and put it up here for to look at ..... Other wise PM me and I'd be glad to help with any questions you may have ..

Brian

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
When I need my Aqua-vu to look down all I do I take a pipe cleaner and put it into a mounting hole on the camera head and tie it to the cable so the camera head is looking down. Did this on Higgins last year. The camera was 15' above my jigs and I could see both jigs and watch the fish come to them. Real cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts