Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the Gorilla treestand brand of camera arm was any good? Or which brand would you recommend. I'm not planning on filming for a tv show or anything like that so just a good average camera arm.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,347 Posts
I have the gorilla arm. It's fine for a beginner. I have a Canon hfs20 and it works on there without any issues. It does not have any level bubbles, but I've never had any issues leveling it by eye.
My only complaint was the head on it is not smooth when you move the camera. However I found a fluid head on eBay for $40 and after purchasing a new 3/8 hex bolt, I was able to mount it on the arm without any issues. I haven't used it for hunting yet, but I'll let you know after a week how the upgrade went. I don't think there will be any issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a smaller cam, but I will check out muddy.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Muddy outfitter arm from Cabela's $119.00 Hand's down best for the consumer. I've done a lot of filming and used several brands. Quite, light and smooth!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I 2nd the motion. It is nice & they come in several sizes. I found the Outfitter model to have all the features of a high end model from other manufactures. Level for 2 axis, great mount, very smooth & strong for its size. Can't go wrong.

MUDDY Outfitter. You won't be disappointed.

Dan

"Til the next episode"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts