Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been in for awhile. Been pretty crazy here at the store trying to keep up with the greenhouse this time of year.
What I need for you all to do is throw out some ideas for the next cam contest. How would you all like to do the next one. I'll check back periodicaly and see what you come up with. Hope you all are having a great summer. Muskie starts this weekend here so it's only gonna get better for this guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,994 Posts
My vote is for best picture framing photo. Must have some sort of animal in it. Lets see every one get creative with their trailcams. Lets get some scenery into those trailcam pictures. Should make for some great pictures and doesn't just limit it to deer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Terrific_tom said:
My vote is for best picture framing photo. Must have some sort of animal in it. Lets see every one get creative with their trailcams. Lets get some scenery into those trailcam pictures. Should make for some great pictures and doesn't just limit it to deer.
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. I didn't understand you would be giving a cam as prize for the contest Feedman. Didn't mean to startle you there sir!:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
it sounds like fun, how bout a odd contest like 2 different animals with a axe in the background, or some other strict criteria.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,251 Posts
oh let a few borrow a cam and see who can come up with the best pic from those and the winner gets to keep the cam.

*Hey I had to try....*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,940 Posts
wyldkat49766 said:
oh let a few borrow a cam and see who can come up with the best pic from those and the winner gets to keep the cam.

*Hey I had to try....*
Hey I would go for that; as those of us w/ no trail cam don't have a shot at winning at all. How about something which everyone could enter such as: the best pic of a kid enjoying the outdoors (hunting, fishing, etc.)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,251 Posts
I saw that NIKON camera commercial just before I read this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,535 Posts
kmattso1 said:
Hey I would go for that; as those of us w/ no trail cam don't have a shot at winning at all. How about something which everyone could enter such as: the best pic of a kid enjoying the outdoors (hunting, fishing, etc.)?
Kmattso,
The idea is for a trail camera contest. Would you suggest using something other than a bow, for an archery contest? Or would you bring a lasagna dish to a chili cook off? Those big lake fishing tournements really aren't fair either, I only own a canoe, should limit those contests to pier fishing only! Don't mean to be hard on you, but hey it's a trail camera contest, not a photography contest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
How about a contest for the best cougar/bigfoot picture? ;) Or, how about the best non digital pic, so someone like me can upgrade? I would have to send the pictures in the mail, though. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
Seeing that this is the deer cam forum and that it is that time of year, why don't you do "Best picture of a fawn or fawn interaction photo" You could end it in a couple of months and start a new contest. "Best Bachelor Group Contest" or something. Just a couple of ideas.

Make it easy enough that anyone with a trailcam can get a picture that would be submittable. Focus it on a whitetail habit or event that is known to take place statewide during the period of time for the contest.During the spring/summer the fawns are all over the place. Mid to late summer is known for the bachelor groups of bucks running around. Fall could be best rut pic. Etc...

Of course, I will have to get a trailcam first, but I enjoy looking at the pics in the meantime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,349 Posts
kmattso1 said:
Hey I would go for that; as those of us w/ no trail cam don't have a shot at winning at all. How about something which everyone could enter such as: the best pic of a kid enjoying the outdoors (hunting, fishing, etc.)?
Then it wouldnt be an outdoor CAM contest anymore. Some of us have over $500 wrapped up in cams, and I sure would think it would be GREAT to have a CAM contest for our members, IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,940 Posts
Nimrod1 said:
Kmattso,
The idea is for a trail camera contest. Would you suggest using something other than a bow, for an archery contest? Or would you bring a lasagna dish to a chili cook off? Those big lake fishing tournements really aren't fair either, I only own a canoe, should limit those contests to pier fishing only! Don't mean to be hard on you, but hey it's a trail camera contest, not a photography contest.
harrisonhunter said:
I'm in. Ya I would say lets keep this to trail cam pics only. This is a TRAIL CAM PHOTOS Forum isn't it?
Sorry if I misunderstood ,but I took it as a contest to win a trail camera therefore entitling it “trail cam contest” hence the reason Feed Man would post the thread in the “deer cam pictures”. I understand that in the past it has been limited to just a trail cam pictures, that’s why I suggested another option that would give others a chance to participate. I don’t see what the big fuss is in even considering new ideas which could possibly improve on what has been done in the past as well as expanding Feed Man’s target market by holding such a more diverse contest. I mean if its that big of a deal that the contest is only a trail cam pictures then maybe Kat had a good idea w/:
wyldkat49766 said:
oh let a few borrow a cam and see who can come up with the best pic from those and the winner gets to keep the cam.
Heck, I did a similar thing last fall when I opted to not compete in a 3-D shoot and let a first-timer use my bow instead. You’ll never guess what the prize he won that day was…a brand new Parker bow w/ hunting setup (he won it for the most misses:))

mich buckmaster said:
Then it wouldnt be an outdoor CAM contest anymore. Some of us have over $500 wrapped up in cams, and I sure would think it would be GREAT to have a CAM contest for our members, IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm. I have a least $500. in camera equipment other than trail cameras and I (as well as anyone else) can take them outdoors. The only difference is that I can’t go strapping the camera I use to take family pictures with to a tree all year. I too would like to “have a CAM contest for our members”, but would think it would be even better if ALL members had a chance to participate regardless of the size of the member’s wallet and type of camera they have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,113 Posts
You guys come up with the idea and I will be glad to walk away with the prize!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
HunterHads said:
You guys come up with the idea and I will be glad to walk away with the prize!:D
Not so fast Had's! We all know the deer are bigger and more plentiful down here so you might as well declare me the winner before it even begins.:evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,113 Posts
Mich. Buck Wacker said:
Not so fast Had's! We all know the deer are bigger and more plentiful down here so you might as well declare me the winner before it even begins.:evil:
Haha we shall see my friend.:coolgleam
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top