Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun little hunt this morning, although I only saw 1 deer from daybreak till 11:30. Saw this guy sneaking up a thick fencerow on the opposite side of the beanfield. Rattled a little get his attention, grunted and bleated a few times but he wouldn't commit. Hit him with a snort wheeze and he came in on a string to 30 yards. He'll be nice next year.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Are you hunting the land behind your dad's house? If so, I had him walk by my stand on the other side of the swamp a couple weeks ago. Sure looks like him, anyway.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you hunting the land behind your dad's house? If so, I had him walk by my stand on the other side of the swamp a couple weeks ago. Sure looks like him, anyway.

No, I'm on our other property. The only stands he's hunted are in the hardwoods which he enters from the from the north. The land owners have given everyone who has land butting up to that property permission to hunt it so who knows who it was, there are quite a few people out there. Definitely no him him though.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Repsonded to your PM, I was referring to the buck passing by my stand. Sure looks like him. Kinda hard to tell in the picture. The one I had go by may have been a bit wider, he was wide as his ears, maybe a bit wider. Haven't seen the really big ones in daylight since before season started. I'll be out there all next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts