Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to start yote hunting and was wondering what e caller everyone uses and how the like it. Are there any I should not buy because they are junk or not easy to work. I would also be interested in what mouth calls to look at and what to stay away from. Any help would be great thanks

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a foxpro wildfire II, I like it and they're great people to deal with, awesome customer service. For mouth calls I've got quite a few, but I like ddog breath calls quite a bit, easy to use for a beginner, and he is local here in Michigan.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'm new also. I just bought a FoxPro Spitfire from Cabela's. I think the sale ended. I was told most of the time guys only use 5-6 different calls. The spitfire comes with 24... not the most fancy call out their but not the worst. I like it for the $129.99 I paid for it. Hope to use it for the first time with it this weekend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have Screery calls and they are loud and I have killed more using those than with electronic caller. Great way to get started without dropping a ton of $$$. There are reasons to have both, but if you want a good mouth call, this will get it done. Highly recommend the predator kit with soft bite.

·
Registered
316 Posts
e-callers are great for hunting by yourself for the hands free aspect and being able to have the call set up away from you, that being said hand callers are less repetitive and can have some great sound.
I say get both.
I use a Foxpro and my success has went up quite a bit between that, education and using a decoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts