Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, there are several sales going on at Dunhams, Gander Mountain, etc. Remington, Savage, Mossberg, Ruger etc all make a high quality, low cost bolt action rifles in deer calibers (30-06, 270, 243, etc). These rifles are now on sale for <$300. Modern manufacturing techniques and that Savage barrel nut allow these rifles to be produced with quality at low cost.

I suggest that one of more of these companies should make a similar bolt action rifle in straight wall pistol calibers for southern Michigan, Indiana, Ohio deer hunting.

I would purchase one in a heartbeat in 357 magnum, 44 magnum, or 500 SW if it were available in the $200-300 range.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Rossi levers are fairly cheap.

·
Banned
444 Posts
$200 rifle, is pretty cheap. Not sure if I want a $200 gun.

Handi rifles, single shot come in lots of calibers too.

·
Banned
444 Posts
I have two savages, not happy. Have failed to feed. A bolt should not fail to feed.

Reactions: jiggineyes

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
My new Ruger American is as accurate as any high dollar rifle I have owned and it has never failed me yet. Less than $500 with the Redfield Revolution 3-9 X 40.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Problem wouldn't exist if legislators would have allowed the 45-70...which is no more dangerous than a muzzleloader.

·
Registered
36,002 Posts
Problem wouldn't exist if legislators would have allowed the 45-70...which is no more dangerous than a muzzleloader.
One of my 45-70 barrels is now a muzzleloader. I can shoot both smokeless or blackthorn 209 powder out of it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I agree and that might happen eventually. That's the way it's gone in other states. First they legalize pistol calibers and then all straighwall cartridges. That may also be the reason the major firearm manufacturers aren't so quick to introduce new models in pistol calibers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts