Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flight ducks arrived on Saginaw Bay this morning. My buddies hunting my big floater shot 18 and saw thousands of ducks coming in from on high and dive bombing down.
They had redheads, blue bills, ringnecks, buffies, GW teal and a scoter
I'll be out in the am - you should if you could.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Thanks for the good report. Hopefully, some mallards came down with them. Going to Harsens tomorrow morning to test my luck. I will scout for divers in LSR. If they are not down here yet, a layout will be on order at Saginaw bay. Thanks again Doob.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wasn't much thinning done today - surprised to find very few birds in Wildfowl Bay after the large numbers that were observed yesterday. Also surprisingly, in our open water blind (9' deep) all the ducks we shot were puddlers; 2 GW teal, 3 Shovelers and a Widgeon. Never had a diver come close.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Same here a redhead, a bluebill, a ringneck, a mallard, a black duck and 2 gw teal. Divers were non existent today when you the weather was perfect. They must of rode the full moon south. I hope not.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Very surprising....I have a place on wildfowl and birds were in heavy on Saturday. Hopefully it is just a start.

·
Registered
931 Posts
If the conditions are right they will stop to rest and feed, then keep right on going. The moon and nice weather didn't help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I seen a couple thousand yesterday in lake st clair not saying those were your birds but it's the first rafts of the year. They weren't here Monday and probly won't be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
This morning on the bay. I shot pretty good with the old humpback. Finished my limit with a damn butterball though. I had two nice drake wigeon circle behind me and all of a sudden one comes from behind right in the sun. I pull up and dump it just for it to be a butterball. It was a good morning though.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Go figure. Right after I limit a big flock of cans lands in my spread. Then a couple mallards. I can't believe I finished on a hen butterball
Hey I woudn't be upset about that! .... Canvasbacks already?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Hey I woudn't be upset about that! .... Canvasbacks already?
I seen Canvasback, goldeneye, pintail, gaddies, wigeon, teal, BB, redheads, buffies and mallards. I shot a redhead, butterball, goldeneye, mallard and 2 gaddies. I lost two BB I dropped out of a nice flock. Suckers hit the water, dove and were gone. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure where the hell they went. Broke my damn heart.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts