1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would be leary about the "pull pin" type blinds. They are pretty hard to put together in the dark with a pair of gloves on. I had one with the pins and it never left my house, except when I sent it back to Cabelas for a return!

Try the Avery "The Finisher" blind. Very easy to put together and very adjustable.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a blind with pins and it is a pain to get together in the dark sometimes. But after you do it a couple times its not so hard, you just get how to do it fast i guess.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a pull pin blind and I don't have that big problem. The biggest thing is if the blind is cold it's kinda hard to stretch the material to get everything lined up, but it can be done.

·
Registered
439 Posts
When you are hunting you don't need to close the pins..only when you put it away if you choose to colapse it or leave it. If you lose the pins most hardware stores have them. Yes it can be a problem..but you get used to it. We always have the new guy put the blinds togther...Avey blinds have a higher profile.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...ct&cmCat=Related_IPL_420151&id=0043831228328a

I don't have access to any fields, and only really have one spot that i know of that it would be useful to me. But, that doesn't mean i wouldn't have an opportunity to use it in the future. Is that an exceptionally good price? Or just average sale price. Also, does anyone have experience with them? Are they decent layouts?
There is always a couple of these in the bargin cave at Cabela's......your not to far.....road trip....or give them a call.......check out Rogers.....lots of blinds on clearance.......I have a number to Avery, you can get power hunters for $120 and finishers for $150 straight from Avery.......Finisher is a nicer blind then the Cabela's by all means.......Mack

·
Registered
40 Posts
ive hunted out of that blind for 3 years, never messed with the pins just left it put together, it takes up more space but then i dont have to mess with it in the dark...lower profile than avery, holds up just as well...looks like a pretty good price

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Profile is everything. Look at the X landrs at Rogers. Finishers profile is waaaaaay to high Unless it is KLRs super modified low profile finisher.

·
Registered
11,740 Posts
i buy blinds at rogers. super fast shipping and usually its free or very very cheap.

that blind is fine. fold up size is too big tho. I also prefer kaki brown as it blends better with different fields if you grass them up with rafia. I like the new subs better.

i don't see where the pins on any of these blinds are really a problem. I've tried just about all of em. I have an avery finisher and its just much of a pain in the butt to setup as anything else. Where the finisher shines is the way it folds, ports and is comfortable.

http://store.rogerssportinggoods.com/servlet/-strse-910/blind-FA-blind-final/Detail

1 - 16 of 16 Posts