Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the cabelas employee pricing work on an item on sale. Looking to possibly buy an elite 5 ice machine. It's $479 right now.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yes, but don't expect to save much, the real discounts are on Clothes.
I dunno I got quite a nice discount on a Luminox watch with employee pricing. Although I'm sure any "Cabelas" brand items is where you'll find the biggest discounts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
20 Posts
I stood in line one cold winter evening (they did it different that year) to get in because I wanted to buy a couple of reels at the employee discount. The discount on the reels wasn't bad (10-15%, can't remember exactly), but a friend of mine asked me to check on a depth finder for his boat. I checked at the depth finder desk and the discount was only $10. My experience is that it's mostly hype as the discount wasn't that great. I know at Dick's, they get 10-25% as an employee depending on the item. I figured it would be the same at Cabelas, but evidently not. Don't misunderstand, I like Cabelas, but I wasn't impressed with their employee discount, at least not that year.

·
Registered
462 Posts
it is a gimmick. My dads sister in law works there. They get 40% off on most stuff. had her pick me up some super mag waders. saved $90+. This employee discount is not the real employee discount. It is reduced, but you can still save some good money. I do not like asking her to get me stuff, so I will be going to this sale as well

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Its a joke no wonder why i hate them big chain stores, Franks is my go to store. But i thought i would give Cabelas one more chance as my brother talked me into going !!! Never again that store and along with the other 2 big chain stores can eat $!;t !! Jmo.

Sent from my bloody fingertips

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Its a joke no wonder why i hate them big chain stores, Franks is my go to store. But i thought i would give Cabelas one more chance as my brother talked me into going !!! Never again that store and along with the other 2 big chain stores can eat $!;t !! Jmo.

Sent from my bloody fingertips
Ditto to that.. Customer service at franks beats just about anything else hands down. Andy is a good guy...He'll take good care of you should you ever have any problems with anything you buy there. Only thing I've ever found that I even remotely like from Cabelas is their own outerwear clothing. Seems to be fairly priced and on sale quite often. Everything else is bought from Franks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
462 Posts
picked up some new wool socks. They were on sale and discount didnt apply. I did however pick up a new st. croix ice rod at 20% off as well as an abu garcia at 20% off. I bet the normal sale price of those items is equal to that. I got a $70 sled for $44. Cant complain about that though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts