Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondeing if anyone has seen the "buzz stix" ice rods yet....and what everyone who has thinks about them.Also I was just at Cabelas yesterday and MAN do they got a killer selection of everything for ice fishin!!!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I saw them and I thought they looked cool too. I wonder though if you were using a slip bobber or a split shot on your line if the vibration would not transfer that well all the way to your lure.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
i checked em out at galyans the other day i figured out a lot cheaper way to make em for half the price but to keep PG rated i wont elaborate;)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Come on share with the rest of us. I also looked at Galyans and they looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
alrite just go buy a cheap noodle rod then go to your local adult store buy a vibrating device cheap.... strap it on(no pun intended) and there ya go!!!:D :D

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Ozzgood and I decided, among other ideas, that I can hook my pager to my pole and page myself and get the same effect as these things.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My problem with the buzz stick is that you have to hold down the button to keep it quivering. After a few minutes it may get old.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry guys, I hate to be negative but I think the buzz sticks were intended to catch fisherman more than they were intended to catch fish. Especially for the price...haha...just my .02.

Realtorman
Dave

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Saw these at Bass Pro yesterday...the batteries were almost dead in each one I tried. Found them today at Lakeside Fishing Shop in St. Clair Shores. The ones they had on display "vibrated" a lot better.

They do look like a "gimick", but just wondered, has anyone fished with one yet? :confused:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I wouldn't use one of those things if you gave it to me. How the heck are ya suppose to feel a bite with that thing buzzing in your hand. And if you use a bobber, how is it suppose to transfer the vibration to the jig? I agree with the,"they catch fisherman more than fish" angle.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Took my sis fishing for her first Ice Outing in 53 years of her life. She bought one of those rods. Kinda neat, but when the lure was down like 7 feet, could not see it even move on the Aquaview.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am on the fence, in one hand it probably is a gimic, but on the other hand it sure is fun to play with. Any rate, after this season when nobody buys them, Cabelas bargain cave will be full of them.

I may buy one just for the research purposes, worst case senario, it's still a fishing rod.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
LOL, it doesn't just buzz in your hand the whole time, ya gotta press the button to make it buzz. I think the real test will be with those yellowbellies that get "lock jaw" on LSC.

From a marketing stand point,,, do ya really think a company would WASTE that much money, putting something like that together, without trying it first? There must have been some kinda of "positive" feedback.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
532 Posts
From a marketing stand point,,, do ya really think a company would WASTE that much money, putting something like that together, without trying it first?
I think from a marketing stand point, people know that most hunters, fisherman, and golfers will buy anything to give them an edge! :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
I looked at the Buzzstix, thought about it then bought the Frabill
Amplifier Ultralite. A little more money, but I think I made the right choice. I caught a nice mess of 'gills yesterday and I'm sure that the extreme sensitivity of the rod helped me catch fish that I otherwise wouldn't have felt.
I can't help but think that the deeper you fish, the less effective the vibration of the Buzzstix would be. The water would tend to absorb or deaden the vibration as it traveled down the line. This is just my thought. Any scientific types out there want to comment on this?

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
What a JOKE !

I looked at those while I was at Gander Mtn. the other day.

$39 ?!!!! Are they kidding ?

There'll be a BUNCH of those on CLEARANCE real soon or at least by the end of the season. I'd be willing to bet they'll be hard to find next year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
outfished a friend of mine 5 to 1 on gills/specks and a few nice perch with my buzzstick 1 - 10 foot of water and they are effective

1 - 20 of 31 Posts