• Lowrance

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 24.4%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I really don't think that you can go wrong with any of the top three options. They all have different pluses. I know that you will find a lot of different opinions on which is better than others, but all in all they all do the same thing, help you catch fish as if you were playing a video game. I have a vex myself, but I know they are all excellent products.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i love my vex.;)

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
I got rid of my FL18 ultra pak vex this last spring, used it 3 winters, and just got a new Lowrance X67c Ice Machine if that says anything......

Don't get me wrong I loved my vex but don't even think about setting in the middle of a smelt town with 100 other electronics running, the FL18 might as well been a boat anchor.....but the X67c I ended up watching worked flawlessly with hardly a blip of interference.....I am very very very hard headed but I finally seen the light.........:coolgleam just takes me a few years..:dizzy::lol: Whats really neat is the X67c has the option of both flasher or graph so you can play with both modes all built in one machine........hard to beat...

But the bottom line is that ANY electronics regardless of make or model will make you a better fisherman........and put more fish on the ice...

Dan

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
Having played with all of them it would be a toss up between vexilar and the newer marcums. the lowarnce is pretty nice as well and may have some advantages, but I'm pretty used to the flashers and it would be hard to change.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
After much deliberation and research, I broke down and purchased a Lowrance. It can do anything a Vex can do and better, plus more. It is less money as well with alot more options and capabilities. They all catch fish, had Lowrance's Ice machines came out the same time flasher technology came out, no one would even know what a flasher or a Vex was.:evilsmile

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I got rid of my FL18 ultra pak vex this last spring, used it 3 winters, and just got a new Lowrance X67c Ice Machine if that says anything......

Don't get me wrong I loved my vex but don't even think about setting in the middle of a smelt town with 100 other electronics running, the FL18 might as well been a boat anchor.....but the X67c I ended up watching worked flawlessly with hardly a blip of interference.....I am very very very hard headed but I finally seen the light.........:coolgleam just takes me a few years..:dizzy::lol: Whats really neat is the X67c has the option of both flasher or graph so you can play with both modes all built in one machine........hard to beat...

But the bottom line is that ANY electronics regardless of make or model will make you a better fisherman........and put more fish on the ice...

Dan
:yeahthat:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts