Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always kept all of the hides from the animals I've killed and may not get out to hunt this year. I have always wanted to try some projects including blankets, etc. With bow season rapidly approaching, and small game already in full force I figured I would throw this out there. Whoever skins their own deer or animals and throws the hides away I would like to buy them from you. Let me know what you are going to have available and when and what price. Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
...being a Taxidermist for almost 20 years...I have to ask. Why would you want to try tanning? It's messy, can stink and often does, it's hard on the back, requires specialized equipment that is quite expensive. Even if your wanting to try Brain tanning it's still a labor intensive thing to be doing. If you want to keep the hair/fur on it's even harder...but hey, it's your call.

If it's deer skins your after you really dont need to buy any, just visit the nearest guy who's butchering deer. Usually getting rid of them is a problem they have to contend with.

Mitch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts