Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the UP is it legal to buy a combo tag after muzzleloader season ends and fill it with two does using a bow? The way I read the rules it seems perfectly fine. Also, for an active military person do both tags cost a dollar?

Thanks ...

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
It would be legal only if you bought no other previous tags good for bucks. If you already bought an Archery or Firearms tag, it would be illegal since you'd have 3 tags good for bucks. The Combo Tag would still be good for 2 bucks even after ML season ended.
If all you had bought so far is no tags or Antlerless Only tags, then it would be fine.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
In case it helps, in addition to what Pinefarm posted, you could actually buy a Combo tag NOW or anytime and it would be good for up to two does using a bow. Archery season is open again from now until January 1st. No need to wait until after M/L season, as it has no bearing on what your Combo tag is good for using a bow.

As to the cost, I believe the Combo tag counts as two licenses, so I would expect it to cost a total of $2 if you meet the requirements:
Michigan DNR 2008 Hunting Guide said:
[SIZE=+1]U.S. Military Personnel[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]U.S. Military personnel who are stationed outside of Michigan, and who, at the time of enlistment, were residents of Michigan and who have maintained resident status for the purposes of obtaining a driver license or voting, may purchase any hunting license that does not require a separate application for $1. The individual must present leave papers, duty papers, military orders or other evidence verifying that he or she is stationed outside the state, and a Michigan Driver License or voter registration. These licenses, available at all License Agents and DNR Operations Service Centers, are valid for up to two weeks during the established season. The license buyer can designate the exact hunting period. [/SIZE]
The Combo license would only be good for up to two weeks under this provision, but if you are only hunting sometime after M/L season, that may not matter in your case.

Best Regards,
Byron :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts