Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 2 Lamiglas Hammer's in March and used them off and on in April jigging the river, and had one of them break when setting the hook. Wasn't overly concerned as they claimed a 1 year warranty on their rods, so switched to my Prodigy rods and finished the weekend.

Filled out the warranty info and filed the claim on 5/5 and waited until the first of June to send a follow up email. 2 weeks later get a call wanting me to send the pics in again of the receipt and broken rod claiming they were never received. Sent them a second time, and received a call today asking if my claim had been resolved at which point I calmly explained the situation, and that I would like to have the rod replaced. Customer service guy offers to ship me a replacement for $49... for a rod that was less than 2 months old. I rebutted the offer explaining that I didn't think I should have to throw good money after bad, and that it should be their responsibility to replace a clearly defective rod ~ at which point he apologized for not being able to cover the replacement at their cost. I asked him if $49 was worth losing a customer for life, and forwarding the story onto every single person possible ~ at which point he said he would forward me to his supervisor and then hung up... :mad:

So for anyone considering purchasing a rod from Lamiglas, buyer beware! Know that their warranty is charging you a reduced price to replace their defective product, and whenever they feel like contacting you. I know personally I will never purchase another product made by them, and will steer anyone considering them away to a manufacturer that stands by their products. Sad thing is I really liked the balance and sensitivity of them and was thinking of buying a pair of Closers...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Interesting, I had two break last year as well. One was 100% my fault and I was honest about it, the second was a defect. They replaced one for the fee and one on the house.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I bought the hammer this year and have not used it once. I personally know 3 people that have it and all 3 of their rod tips broke and only one was while fishing. Wish I never wasted the $89.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
I brought a Denali Ryker this spring to try as my first bait caster jigging rod and have been very happy. Switched it over to Bottom Bouncing and it has a permanent place on the boat.

·
Premium Member
10,413 Posts
Dang. I have the closer and now I’m affraid to use it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are ghosting me on a warranty issue right now.
Are you having an issue getting ahold of them? I just went through a warranty claim with St Croix and have the lady's email address. She was awesome to work with. Can't say enough good about them. PM me if you want and I'll get it to ya.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bought a pair of hammers 2 years ago. One broke and the other came loose from the handle and spins Had to buy 2 néw rods this year Defiantly not the best rods I’ve owned

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
I always read warranty threads on the fishing boards I frequent. Bottom line is every manufacturer disappoints someone, doesn’t matter if it’s rods or reels or electronics or boats or motors. The only exception seems to be in the really really expensive stuff where you probably bought one item for the cost of them producing three.

I don’t worry about warranty because I don’t spend that much. If I get it, great. If I don’t, oh well. If a brand lets me down twice in a row I’ll give them a pass for a few years until they get their quality up.

·
Registered
12,223 Posts
Are you having an issue getting ahold of them? I just went through a warranty claim with St Croix and have the lady's email address. She was awesome to work with. Can't say enough good about them. PM me if you want and I'll get it to ya.
Sat on the phone 40 mins waiting for a customer service. Once I got through I was told I had to submit through their online website. This rod is my sons and he bought it through a college fishing club discount program. We took the option to send pics of the tip. The support arms on the eyelet failed. The rod itself is not broken.

Here is the funny part this was 4
-5 weeks ago. I typed the post about being ghosted yesterday. My son came home from work and he said he had a voicemail and someone contacted him finally.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts