Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

BUYER BEWARE!! 1999 Kioti LK3054 Xenia, OH

10K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  RMH 
#1 ·
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Kioti-LK-3054-4X4-TRACTOR-WITH-FRONT-LOADER-/252054336412?nav=SEARCH

Not sure if this is the right place or not. If not, mods feel free to move it.

I went and looked at this tractor on Tuesday (8-11-15) when it was still listed on Craigslist. It's located in Xenia, OH. I passed on buying it for numerous reasons.
1. The 4x4 doesn't work as he stated ( he told me it did, hence I drove 3 hours to see it with cash and a trailer), you pull the lever but it just simply doesn't engage. It could be a sheared pin or it may need new gears.
2. He stated it didn't leak any fluids. Well, when I got there I first checked the coolant reservoir, which was empty. I checked the radiator and it too was low (or so I thought).
We started it up and it started right up, no issues. Within roughly 3 minutes of idling, the coolant gauge pegged at "H". I shut the tractor down and asked him if it had coolant. He checked it and said " huh, that's weird. I will add some." He went over and dumped roughly 2 gallons of straight water into the tractor. The gauge came back down after re-starting it. How many times was this tractor overheated? No body knows...
3. It DOES leak coolant. There's a 1/2" hose in the front (not sure where it comes from) that has a bolt shoved in it with a hose clamp around it, leaks pretty bad.
4. The 4 in 1 bucket doesn't work, it "needs a solenoid" he said it doesn't split like it should. There's wires hanging from the loader joystick too. It can still be used like a normal bucket.
5. The front axle has been welded where the frame mount is. There is a large "lug" that's been welded that comes off the center of the front axle and a heavy bracket that bolts it to the frame. It's not a good weld either, they just tack/stitch welded it. The welds are recent too because there wasn't any rust on the weld metal.
6. The fuel shutoff at the dash doesn't work, so you have to open the hood, and lift the side panel to shut off the engine. The cable is bound up.
7. The front axle has 2 different wear patterned front tires, one looks much newer than the other.
8. The exhaust manifold has been broken off and rewelded back together.

I'm just posting this so someone else doesn't waste their time and drive hours down there to find its not a field ready unit.

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks! Lol @ driving to Wisconsin!! I was fully prepared to buy the tractor if everything worked as it should and it wasn't a total pile. I've since decided to hold off for a year or two on my tractor purchase. I can get by with only a four wheeler for a little while. First order of business on the new property is a survey and hire Jeff Sturgis or Jake Ehlinger. I close on the property next Friday... I know where general property lines are but I want pins driven in the ground...

#6 ·
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Kioti-LK-3054-4X4-TRACTOR-WITH-FRONT-LOADER-/252054336412?nav=SEARCH

Not sure if this is the right place or not. If not, mods feel free to move it.

I went and looked at this tractor on Tuesday (8-11-15) when it was still listed on Craigslist. It's located in Xenia, OH. I passed on buying it for numerous reasons.
1. The 4x4 doesn't work as he stated ( he told me it did, hence I drove 3 hours to see it with cash and a trailer), you pull the lever but it just simply doesn't engage. It could be a sheared pin or it may need new gears.
2. He stated it didn't leak any fluids. Well, when I got there I first checked the coolant reservoir, which was empty. I checked the radiator and it too was low (or so I thought).
We started it up and it started right up, no issues. Within roughly 3 minutes of idling, the coolant gauge pegged at "H". I shut the tractor down and asked him if it had coolant. He checked it and said " huh, that's weird. I will add some." He went over and dumped roughly 2 gallons of straight water into the tractor. The gauge came back down after re-starting it. How many times was this tractor overheated? No body knows...
3. It DOES leak coolant. There's a 1/2" hose in the front (not sure where it comes from) that has a bolt shoved in it with a hose clamp around it, leaks pretty bad.
4. The 4 in 1 bucket doesn't work, it "needs a solenoid" he said it doesn't split like it should. There's wires hanging from the loader joystick too. It can still be used like a normal bucket.
5. The front axle has been welded where the frame mount is. There is a large "lug" that's been welded that comes off the center of the front axle and a heavy bracket that bolts it to the frame. It's not a good weld either, they just tack/stitch welded it. The welds are recent too because there wasn't any rust on the weld metal.
6. The fuel shutoff at the dash doesn't work, so you have to open the hood, and lift the side panel to shut off the engine. The cable is bound up.
7. The front axle has 2 different wear patterned front tires, one looks much newer than the other.
8. The exhaust manifold has been broken off and rewelded back together.

I'm just posting this so someone else doesn't waste their time and drive hours down there to find its not a field ready unit.
Like we used to say down on the farm, that thing has been rode hard and put away wet. Badly used and abused. Ad smells of fraud.

Thanks for the report.

#13 ·

Be on the look out for these two girls. They are hanging out around the Meijer and Wal-Mart parking lots. When you are putting your... groceries away they ask you for a ride to McDonald's. They are very convincing and very hot! Once in your car this one takes her clothes off and starts climbing all over you, while she keeps you busy, the other one takes your wallet. I've had mine taken on the 7th, 8th, 10th and twice yesterday, probably two more times tomorrow. Wal-Mart has wallets for $2.99, but I found some at the dollar store for 99¢, so I bought all they had. These two harlots not only take your wallet, but you never even make it to McDonald's so I've already lost 11lbs. Keep a lookout for them (I find lunch time and around 5:30 the best times)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.