Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always looking to streamline the process that comes after a successful hunt. Currently I am developing my 'butcher box,' which will hold everything needed in the field to dress and process game as efficiently as possible. Obviously this is especially important in warmer weather. Our next hunt will be my husband's bear hunt, so I am tailoring our box to fit that specific venture. Here is what I've got so far:
* gloves * gut knife
* zipties * curved knife
* tarps * sharpener
* game bags * clean hatchet/saw
* ziplocs * frozen h20 jugs
* plastic wrap
* freezer wrap
Now I'm just searching for the perfect container. Obviously one would like the box to be as portable as possible, yet with the capacity needed to hold all of the contents. I am interested in seeing what others have used and what they've learned.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I'm always looking to streamline the process that comes after a successful hunt. Currently I am developing my 'butcher box,' which will hold everything needed in the field to dress and process game as efficiently as possible. Obviously this is especially important in warmer weather. Our next hunt will be my husband's bear hunt, so I am tailoring our box to fit that specific venture. Here is what I've got so far:
* gloves * gut knife
* zipties * curved knife
* tarps * sharpener
* game bags * clean hatchet/saw
* ziplocs * frozen h20 jugs
* plastic wrap
* freezer wrap
Now I'm just searching for the perfect container. Obviously one would like the box to be as portable as possible, yet with the capacity needed to hold all of the contents. I am interested in seeing what others have used and what they've learned.
Maybe some rags for wiping knives, hands, hair off meat. I always have a damp rag on hand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.