Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using this camera? I saw great reviews on blog site
but want others here opinion also. $199 small great battery life

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have three of these. They have been out since the middle of august. The batteries have not been changed yet. I am satisified with the pictures. I used camo tape on the camera and made a small bracket that screws to the tree to hold them. They blend in real well with the tree. You have to look real hard to find them.

Don

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
You will not be disapointed, they are a great cam for the price. I have hade mine since August over 2000 pics and now say's 1/3 battery left.

·
Registered
631 Posts

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
I have owned several cams over the years but nothing that compares to the Bushnell Trophy Cam. The battery life is awesome and the pics are everything I could ask for. I like the size of the unit also.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I liked mine until someone stole it a few weeks ago.

That I don't like so much:rant:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have had two of these out since the beginning of September and both cameras are on their first set of batteries (3000-4000 pictures with each camera). These cameras have been taking about 500 pictures a week over the last few weeks and the cold weather hasn't been a problem for them.

If you get one, use lithium batteries. A friend has one of these cameras and only got a month out of a set of alkaline energizers.

The only problem with them is they only work with SD cards that are 1 gb or less. If you put a 2 gb SD card in them they will only take one picture like an earlier poster stated.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I have had two of these out since the beginning of September and both cameras are on their first set of batteries (3000-4000 pictures with each camera). These cameras have been taking about 500 pictures a week over the last few weeks and the cold weather hasn't been a problem for them.

If you get one, use lithium batteries. A friend has one of these cameras and only got a month out of a set of alkaline energizers.

The only problem with them is they only work with SD cards that are 1 gb or less. If you put a 2 gb SD card in them they will only take one picture like an earlier poster stated.

I use 2gb cards in mine all the time. Last time I had almost 800 pics on the card, no issues.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i HAVE 2 MOULTRIE I40 THEY WORK WELL BUT DO MAKE A LITTLE SHUTTER NOISE ONLY ON DAY PICS WAS WONDERING IF THE BUSHNELL DID THIS AS WELL.IM LOOKING TO BUY 2 MORE.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I have been considering one of these because I can get a deal on them. The ones you guys have do they have the picture viewer with it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been looking at these cameras myself. my question is when viewing the photos on the sd card do you have to upload them directly to your computer or can you view them on your camera? I have moultrie I40 and I usually take another sd card and swap them then view them on my digital camera with no problem, but earlier this summer I purchased a cheaper wildview camera and you could not view them on you camera with out formatting each time so I lost my pics, and I took the camera back because of that.
I really like the size and hopefully the trigger speed of these Bushnell cams so any help before I drop some $$ on one will be appreciated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
These cameras are built on the original Scoutguard innards, and although I don't have one (yet), I'm guessing they're like my Scoutguard and Covert cameras.

They will only take a regular SD card. They cannot handle the SDHC format. Generally speaking, the SD format is for lower capacity cards and the SDHC cards are higher capacity. There is some overlap, but this is in the general range of 2-4 GB where this occurs. Read the card carefully and make sure it's not a SDHC card. Now we'll also have SDXC cards coming out soon for the really high capacity. These cards are all the same PHYSICAL outside size and will fit in same devices, but are not supported formats in every application.

Thus, a 2 GB SD card runs fine, but a 2GB SDHC card will NOT run in these cameras (assuming they're like my Scoutguard/Coverts).

·
Registered
81 Posts
How has your trigger speed been on them?

A friend of mine has one and also the Cuddee Capture flash. He thinks the Cuddee is a bit faster, but loves the battery life on the Bushnell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts