Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Has anyone been driving by Burt / Crooked or Mullet. I have to image there is skim on on the lakes now, but with all the storms and snow has there been any progress on solid stuff?

Thanks,

MAV

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Drove by all 3 of them yesterday,I couldn't see any skim due to the fact the winds are so strong. I'm sure last night when it calmed down they started making ice but it's all broken up today. If we get a couple of calm days they should firm up fast.

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
I called my Dad last week and he said Burt had skim ice but than the snow and winds came. Waves broke it up but it shouldnt be long as long as it stays cold.

·
Registered
366 Posts
slush

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was up at my cottage on black lake this past week-end ice maybe 300 yards i did not drive by the others but since they're in the same neck of the woods hopfully this helps -Tom

·
Registered
333 Posts
it would be appreciated if someone were able to post conditons for black on here as well, probabaly a few weeks away yet but im gettin egar!

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
Talked to my Mom today Burt is still open. Lots and lots of snow!!!! She said probably a foot and a half. Good thing that the lake didnt freeze before that snowfall.

·
Registered
496 Posts
saw a few guys out on crooked Sat and Sun. I didn't check for thickness though and it was nasty cold last night so it should be good

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
Update - Should I bring the gear up on the 26th?
Talked to my Dad (Burt Lake) today and he said 2 guys were out a little ways in front of his house. He said they were fishing most of the day. I told him to meet them at the launch when they came in, to find out how thick the ice was and the depth they were fishing. So I called him back, he said he took a nap and when he woke up they were gone. Temps have been cold up there.:) I think I will try for New Years.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks... I've got a good first ice spot for some Perch. I'll let you know how I do and how thick the lake is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts