Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goiing up to the bosses place on burt to do some work next weekend and hoping to get some fishing in before and after the work. His place in on the east side right across from maple bay. Wondering what i should target for fish? wont have a ton of time to fish but want to try a little. also are the only two launces the one in maple bay and at the state park?
Thanks for any info!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is an unimproved ramp in Sturgeon Bay on the north side of the Plymouth Beach inlet, which sounds close to where you'll be. Can launch anything under 20' there pretty easily. I fish the lake for Smallies and Wallies. For me, the Walleye bite is mostly a night bite. Big mayfly hatch the last couple of nights.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Target some eyez in front of Bullhead bay 10-15 fow. Throw jig n crawler or leech. Try to find new weed growth. Troll crawler harness n stick baits in same area. Say hi to the guys in the 14' starcraft. Will b over from mullet a cpl evenings. Save me a few! Shrubby

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this a decent time of year to target smallies? never really fished for them before any tips on those? trolled and fished for walleye plenty also i can not find on any maps i see what bay is bull head bay?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is this a decent time of year to target smallies? never really fished for them before any tips on those? trolled and fished for walleye plenty also i can not find on any maps i see what bay is bull head bay?
Bullhead is where the Crooked River empties into Lake

·
Registered
48 Posts
Burt has a fine smallmouth fishery and they are in the same locations they'd be in any lake- edges of weed beds, sunken logs etc. Spent yesterday walleye fishing Burt, which didn't pan out, but we did get dinner in the form of a fat smallmouth out of Poverty Bay. Also, if you're fishing Bullhead or any of Burt's fine rivermouth bays, make sure your line is in good shape BEFORE you hook the the surprise brown trout!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts