Registered
1,657 Posts
It is near pellston.
Pike, yellow perch

chad1

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep, East of Pellston & About 10 minutes South of Mackinaw City off US 131. I caught several nice perch. In fact, I am heading back up next weekend to catch some more.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am starting to have withdrawls, so I think I will head over there too...any suggestions on where to park/go out? I'm lookin for perch...I usually don't stray from my hot spot on Mullett, but I am desperate...no snowmobiling thus far, and my lake is off limits due to a dam repair...

·
Registered
99 Posts
mullet is still open in the middle and to the east side of the lake off of aloha and mullet/woods road. the west side of the lake is fishable tho there are shacks ou there but i havent got a chance to check the ice, ive been in the u.p. the past week fishing and it was awesome!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
There is 3 shacks now on pigion bay about 200 yards out off lynn drive.

chad1

·
Registered
507 Posts
There is a few shacks on the north end of mullett/ burt has 6" of blue ice with Quads running the Northend last weekend.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Fished Burt tonight. Got one 17 incher and 2 undersized walleye. Colonial point, 27 fow. The lake is averaging 5 to 6 inches of blue ice on bottom with 3 to 4 inches of cloudy ice on top. It was very nice travelling on the atv with no slush and about a 1/2 inch of snow. There were quads and sleds on various portions of the lake except the very middle areas. Got a hot tip, headed back tomorrow to pound 'em.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fished Mullett Saturday off of Parrott's Point / Lynn Drive. 5-6 Inches of Blue Ice. Perch limit 25 perch 7.5 - 9". 25 perch 9 - 13.5". 1 28" fat northern. 1 cisco. Had 2 large walleye on the camera, but they had lockjaw. 26 fow. Long walk from the launch; goin' back next week with my sled.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jj Mac

Where's Colonial Point, What Time Of Day Did You Catch Them And Do You Ever Target Walleye Out There At The Night Time. I'm Going Out There 2 Weeks From Now, We Usually Go To Maple Bay. Just Looking For Any Inside Tips. Do You Ever Get Them On Tip-ups Or Do You Jig. Thanks For The Help, Hey Maybe We Could Meet Up In A Couple Of Weeks, Share Some Info.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Walleye.f.r., we fish Maple bay every winter. Seems the best luck for Walleyes is by using blue shiners off of tip-ups. We set 1/2 of our tip-ups 1 foot off the bottom for the eyes'. The other 1/2 we have 1/2 way up to target the browns.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts