Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things I love to do after a day in the woods is to stop at a local establishment for a burger and a beer. Sometimes I even plan a hunt around places that have exceptional burgers.So lets give it up guys and gals, Where is your favorite place to get a burger after a day in the woods?My favorite this year was a little diner in the town of Kinde in the thumb. Can't remember the name but I think it is the only place to eat in town.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
But a good idea to have folks give up their bird covers. Maybe I shouldn't have added my peesimistic view on your thread. I should have waited to see the answers and then discovered a few new covers. But, maybe some of my areas would be uncovered. I will add that we really like the Cozy Inn in 3Lakes. That shouldn't give up much info.

I do like a good burger and a beer after a day in the woods, but I don't think I would plan my day around that finale. I would pick good cover over good burgers any day.And a ham sammy, a cold beer and a cigar at the back of the truck might be the best way to end a good walk in the woods.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yesturday I hunted the Rifle River Rec Area quite hard with no birds so I thought what the heck make a run to Barton City.......NO birds again. Ended up at the local tavern for a Shroom & Swiss and a couple of Bud Lights to end the day. I have no idea of the name the sign just said Bar

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bobby said:
But a good idea to have folks give up their bird covers. Maybe I shouldn't have added my peesimistic view on your thread. I should have waited to see the answers and then discovered a few new covers. But, maybe some of my areas would be uncovered. I will add that we really like the Cozy Inn in 3Lakes. That shouldn't give up much info.

I do like a good burger and a beer after a day in the woods, but I don't think I would plan my day around that finale. I would pick good cover over good burgers any day.And a ham sammy, a cold beer and a cigar at the back of the truck might be the best way to end a good walk in the woods.
Ha ha never thought of that. I guess By telling you Timber Charlies in Newberry has good burgers you would know right where my pet Newberry covers are? Good luck.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tujax said:
Yesturday I hunted the Rifle River Rec Area quite hard with no birds so I thought what the heck make a run to Barton City.......NO birds again. Ended up at the local tavern for a Shroom & Swiss and a couple of Bud Lights to end the day. I have no idea of the name the sign just said Bar
Been there, not bad. I've stopped in there after Walleye fishing on Hubbard lake.

Shroom & Swiss is my first choice too. I try to stay away from light beers though.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Tujax said:
We ate at The Bar the 1st night of Grouse Camp. It took about 1 hour for Dr.Wink (Wally) and Worm Dunker (Terry) to get their burger for some reason.
Midwestfisherman (Jim) and I got ours relatively quick. I was pretty sure I saw the cook chasing a cow down the street after Jim and I were waited on.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The Longbranch Saloon, Hawk Springs WY. Rocky Mountain Oysters and a bud. Nothing better.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hunter Bar in Harbor Beach. A burger and fries and a Labatt Blue to wash it down. They never let you walk out of that place hungry. Topper Bar outside of Newberry is another good one.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Worm Dunker said:
Not sure about the buger and beer but I have a steak and coke at Ma Deeters in Luzerne.
I would have to agree that Boone's up in Traverse was the best place that I have eaten after a day of hunting(and debatable one of the best ever).....Prime Rib was excellent! Hey Lucky, did you plan that Drummond trip around the burgers......LOLBTW, great disc. topic!!!DavePS.....anybody that can discern where my hunting areas are and what kind of luck that I have at them by the town/resturant that I am eating at.....has already hunted them! LOL

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Use to go to a place with my Dad called the "Spot bar and Grill" in Viennia Corners. East of Gaylord. Big old FAT Burgers. Under new ownership now though. Coaches Corner is the new name. Not the same anymore. But they do make a great Pizza.

I still prefer a big fat Burger on the Grill back at camp followed with a nap in the tent.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Boones LLI West of TC has changed hands and is just living off its reputation nowadays IMHO. Its gone downhill fast in the past few. Still very popular with the fudgies tho......... If the want the best steaks and prime rib in TC, Mode's Bum Steer on State downtown is the place to go.

And in Grayling, Spike's Keg of Nails is legendary and a manditory stop going to or from the Ausable. Oh, are there grouse anywhere around Grayling????:confused:

Natty B.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
NATTY BUMPO said:
Oh, are there grouse anywhere around Grayling????:confused: Natty B.
There are about as many Grouse around Grayling as there are Grayling. I'd steer clear of that whole area.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Boone's is a Fudgey trap. If you want a good steak, Modes, Apache, Freshwater, the list goes on and on.

I haven't been to Boone's in 4 years and I live 5 miles away.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rooster_Smasher said:
Use to go to a place with my Dad called the "Spot bar and Grill" in Viennia Corners. East of Gaylord. Big old FAT Burgers. Under new ownership now though. Coaches Corner is the new name. Not the same anymore. But they do make a great Pizza.

I still prefer a big fat Burger on the Grill back at camp followed with a nap in the tent.
We go to deer camp at my uncle's place about a mile down the road from there on Gaylanta Lake. You're right, it did have excellent burgers. Haven't tried the new owners pizza though.

Eric

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Lucky Dog said:
Ha ha never thought of that. I guess By telling you Timber Charlies in Newberry has good burgers you would know right where my pet Newberry covers are? Good luck.
:lol: I know all your hot spots now Lucky...
Timber Charlies has good burgers and a hot little bartender too, can't recall her name though.

Edie's Log Bar in downtown Baldwin. Deep fried dill pickels and a burger...ummmm.

Moose turds and a buger a Ruby Creek Tavern.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Beaverton Tavern for a wet burrito and beer. Don't order the large though, unless you are really hungry.

They have good burgers too, but I always wind up ordering a burrito.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Been a few years but the bar on 30 between 61 and westbranch also there was a bar just south of westbranch on 30 at the end of alger rd??

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hevi said:
Boone's is a Fudgey trap. If you want a good steak, Modes, Apache, Freshwater, the list goes on and on.

I haven't been to Boone's in 4 years and I live 5 miles away.
YUP, That's about the time that we were there......Ate there once....I will take you guy's word for it on it's changes.....

Dave

1 - 20 of 77 Posts