Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone gets live bait bulk on-line? I am looking to get some spikes delivered...The red and the white spikes. I ordered some last year and for the life of me i can't remember who i ordered from.:confused: Any help would be great. Also what temp do you keep em at?
--Dave

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Vados was the place I oredered from...I just couldn't remember the website. I was really pleased with them last year. i just have to invest in a thermometer for my fridge to keep tabs on the temp.

--Dave

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm thinking about getting some bulk bait for the first time this year and lookin' at the spikes.. What colors do you guys use for panfish?

EDIT: Also, how much is shipping on Vados?? I think the 500 from wholesalebait.com would be enough for me, but is the color & extra 500 worth it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always get 1000 white and 1000 red spikes. i will throw one red and a couple white or vice-versa, on a teardrop. Always a combo of red and white...never tried anything else. I just figure that 98% of the guys out there are just using white so maybe i'll give the fish something different to look at before they swim away without striking.:lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now that you guys have me all hyped up to order my bait in bulk - what do i do when they arrive? Any special instructions on care and feeding would be great...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just recieved an order of 2000 spikes from Vados today (ordered Tuesday). $15 + shipping was $9.00. I dare say that we got several hundred over and above the 2000 ordered. Picked through my 1/4 of the order, and found only two dead ones. We ordered the mix of colors (red, yellow, orange, blue/green, and white). They look very good, although it does look like we did get a higher volume of white than the other colors.

My thinking on the colors is like dzag's, except everyone over this way uses red and white (I prefer red). The other colors will let me offer something a little diff when needed.

Ed

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah, I knew Vados has the colors.. Was just wondering what's the best to go with? Seems red is the most popular..

EDIT: Also, does anyone know how big the container is for the 1000 spikes? I'm wondering if they would fit in the meat drawer in a fridge(think that's the name)? Can you keep them in the container they come in(from vados)?

·
Registered
697 Posts
I reckon that you can get 500+ in a 1 cup container easily. They do not come with much for sawdust (the ones from Vados anyway). Take your thousand put them into a margerine container and throw in some sawdust/shavings .... plenty of room.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.