Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great Day on the water!!!!

Started fishing at 6:30am along the east side of the Black hole in 24 fow. Slowly picked away at 4 walleye and 2 jumbo perch (11") by 11:30am we had enough of the slow fishing, Pulled rods and picked a spot over by the shipping channel in 24 fow, I'm thinking it was northeast of buoy 12 (Sparkplug). And hit the honey hole picked up 8 more in an hour and a half all nice 18 - 19" fish, Working a Southeast and Northwest troll, First troll picked up 3 hit the channel and turned back on our line and picked up 3 more turned back again and picked up 2 more to finish our day.

Program for us,
All fish came on Bugsy's new copper spoons converted into a spoon harness with a crawler. Hot color was Purple/Yellow taking 5 fish. We were using 1oz snap weights with mini inline boards, Fished a mix of depths using a 20-30 to a 20-40 program. Must fish hit on the 20-40 program. Both perch hit on Purple/Red.

:fish:Count

12 Walleye netted
1 nice Walleye came off at the boat
2 Perch
And only 1 silver bass throwback

My Brother and I took his 5 year son, His first time out. I think we have a new future walleye angler guys.:)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Good job guy's, nice to see that new people can go out and catch fish. Joe, I had a minor operation yesterday and I saw today that you called, glad to see you did well.

Mark
Reel Fish'n

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark

Hope your feeling OK? I think I seen Chris out on the bay yesterday but wasn't for sure. I see your going west to try for some salmon...Good Luck

Joe

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was going to go, but now after the operation I cannot go for about a week or 2.

Mark

Yes Chris was out there also.

·
Registered
510 Posts
ya joe i was out there my boat is a litte red and gray 18 footer it has some makeshirt pbc rod holders on the back if u seen me it would habe been wiht a couple buddies my age

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep I seen you, you guys came around behind us on the east side of the black hole.

How did you guys do?

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
congrats, i have yet to get the new coppers in the water, i haven't been out in about a week and last time was after that nasty blow. may head out tomorrow if the weathers decent. bugsy's stuff ain't no joke, quality product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts