Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for anybody that has fished buell lake near clio michigan just looking to see how the fishing is on the lake looking to see how the gill and crappie or pike or perch fishing is if there are t g ose species in the lake let me know just moved to clio a few years ago never fished it any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
looking for anybody that has fished buell lake near clio michigan just looking to see how the fishing is on the lake looking to see how the gill and crappie or pike or perch fishing is if there are t g ose species in the lake let me know just moved to clio a few years ago never fished it any info would be appreciated
From what I have noticed it gets a ton of pressure in summer. Bass fishing is nothing to brag about seems like lots of small gills. There is some deep water and have been wanting to venture out myself and look for crappies.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
It use to be a great bluegill and crappie lake...lots of pike also. I fished it a ton in the 70s and 80s...haven't fished it in a long time.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Damn now my secret is out.

On a more serious note I drive by the lake every day, people have been on the ice in the usual spots. Have not stopped to see how they are doing but I suspect I already know. Be careful and good luck if you go out there.

·
Registered
644 Posts
used to be really good for decent gills. I remember going out there in the summer as a kid and having a blast. have not been there in a while because fishing really took a dive. Did see some tank bass in there too back in the day

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Honestly hooked a 10 lb bass there when I was in my teens...it was on a bed . Giant female...had her on for a few minutes. Remember it like it was yesterday. My dad would pike fish little Buell across the street and catch big pike all summer on suckers under a bobber. Almost bought the house that use to sit where the boat launch is now. Guy use to rent boats that had the place when I was a kid. We would ride our bicycles from Mt Morris and rent a row boat for $5.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
has anyone been by recently and seen any one one the ice was wondering if it is ok to go on think it is I have a lake pretty big that is safe but just was wondering also any more fish reports would be appreciated new to area want to check it out since it is so close to me guess I will just have to venture out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts