Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While over at the In-laws this weekend we saw a few deer come in and feed in the back yard. It was after midnight and we could see 3 deer moving around the back by the woods. I noticed a forth one come in and thought I saw an antler on its head but it left as fast as it came in. Well Sunday about 11:00 am 3 Does came in (A Doe and 2 fawns) and shortly after another came in and was supporting a single forked horn. He started chasing the two fawns off and then came back after the Doe she took off and he was hot on her trail. He chased her around for awhile and then they disappeared out of sight. The two fawns regrouped and headed the same way. Alittle while later the Doe and the two fawns came back through together looking back as they went through.

Thought it was alittle odd to see it this time of year but I quess he was still in the mood or she was still hot. Even after seeing this many times while hunting it was very cool to see in the back yard and the kids were able to watch the whole thing.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
That's great to see at any time.

Perhaps odd, but we've found scrapes towards the end of January too. Also I've recently found fresh rubs, including one this morning! Talk about a long season! I saw the first buck chasing does on October 1 this year!

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
while on a walk out back yesterday checking traps i found a fresh rub with the bark on top of the snow we got two days ago.

·
Registered
137 Posts
hmm its all weird.....the place we hunt out in chelsea, mi....the neighboor that lives on the property said the deer have been acting weird all year long
somethings is up with this year?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts