• NO

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 21 28.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
YES-the one we have at our deer camp. It is neat to see what everyone shot and motivate the ones that didn't shoot anything. A tradition in our camp.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I voted "not sure". Reason being, if I get a buck then I'll be taking it to the buck pole. Otherwise, I'm in the woods trying to get one to take to the buck pole. Can't get one of your own if your standing there looking at them hanging from a rope.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'll check out the Mancelona pole and Grayling pole up north and then hit the Dexter one when I get home.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Always used to like checking out the one in Indian River when I was younger. I wish they'd leave em up a little longer than the typical opening 2 days though.

Jerome's Meat Market has some pretty long racks set up. Hopefully I can hang one with the big boys this year.

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
I voted "not sure". Reason being, if I get a buck then I'll be taking it to the buck pole. Otherwise, I'm in the woods trying to get one to take to the buck pole. Can't get one of your own if your standing there looking at them hanging from a rope.
They're usually there after dark too ;)

·
Banned
12,721 Posts
I will visit my buck pole if I shoot one.
Used to go to the one in Dexter back in my early 20's on opening day (gun) because I quit gun hunting for about 7 years. It was always fun, first time I went me and my buddy were just cruising around the back roads and we ended up there on accident. I pulled into a parking spot right in front of the pole, I couldn't believe the spot was open. When we get out of the car everyone was looking at us and then some guy says "Hey that spot is reserved for Fred Trost" OOPS
We made it a point to go back every year after that.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Voted not sure. Born and raised in Dexter, I stop by when I'm in town most of the time. Some times I drive by on the way home from hunting. We took a few buck there back in the early ninty's. Always fun to stop and look. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts